• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 185gr Juggernaughts (.308win)

6MT

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2014
ITU Zone 2
Just putting it our there...what's the consensus on seating depth for this bullet in a bolt gun. Do they like a jam? Do they like a large jump? Small jump? What are you using as your jump?

Last edited:
Just putting it our there...what's the consensus on seating depth for this bullet in a bolt gun. Do they like a jam? Do they like a large jump? Small jump? What are you using as your jump?

In my .308 bolt gun, everything I use has had done well with .010 - 020 jump. For my 185 Jugs, .015 has produced very good results for me. I like to load long to take advantage of the increased case volume.

Reactions: Mr Tibbs
Either I can run them close 10-15 thou. Off or jump 150 thou. Both shoot good

I have a load worked up for a 20” 1/10 twist Rem 700 that groups with the same consistency out of a 24” 1/11.25 twist AIAT. I haven’t the slightest clue what they are jumping out of either. I have never had a problem with the seating depth/ jump of the Juggernauts from any .308. They are forgiving as hell. I will load them as long as they will feed from the magazine reliably and then play with powder charges. Normally doesn’t take long to find a velocity node and then I tamper with seating depth in .003” increments deeper until I find the range it agrees with most. I usually end up close to where I started and obtaining 2600 fps with a 20” barrel which allows me to reliably connect out to 1,400 yards at 2000 ft DA.

I did a trial a few years ago, tested groups at .005 jam, .005 jump, and .020 jump. At 300 yards, 5-shot groups were 1.5", 1.25" and .75", in the same order. Been jumping them ever since.