• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Berger 6.5creedmoor ammo

I've got the 3 different Berger flavors for my 260 im hoping to try out this weekend. Yalls data looks promising

New 6.5 creedmoor
Mueller works barrel 8 twist
Remington 722 action
Aluminum chassis
Trigger tech
140 gr Berger hybrid factory ammo

New barrel, shoot and clean every 4 rounds for 20 rounds
Shot 22 rounds thru Magnito speed
Low 2799 High 2877 78 fps es 20.1 sd
Groups were not that good. Always one or more flyers a inch or more out.
Really think the gun wants to shoot
Barrel claeaned really well after 48 rounds with shooters choice

Going to try again Wednesday
I quess I was hoping for a little better from what I had read.
I wouldn't worry too much about velocity until you've hit 150 rounds on the barrel.

My gun preferred the 130 over the 140.
Does your rifle like Prime ammo? My Tikka doesn't, but my Nucleus does. Both are Criterion prefits, which I found odd. But I have a few boxes of Berger 140s and a few boxes of the 135s that I'm going to try in each and see what happens.

Side note to everyone I have recommended Berger’s 140gr factory ammo: the most recent lot’s recipe seems to have changed. Lot # P001283 is running 45-50fps faster than the last 3 lots I used. All 3 previous lots were in the 2810-2840fps range depending on temp. I had some of that lot leftover today and was still 2840fps. I switched to the new lot and was getting 2885-2890fps.

Can you provide me with your barrel information (type, length, contour and twist). I am trying the Berger 130 and 140 this weekend. Would be great to know what to expect

Can you provide me with your barrel information (type, length, contour and twist). I am trying the Berger 130 and 140 this weekend. Would be great to know what to expect

Factory Accuracy International 6.5CM barrel, 1:8 twist, 24” length

Does your rifle like Prime ammo? My Tikka doesn't, but my Nucleus does. Both are Criterion prefits, which I found odd. But I have a few boxes of Berger 140s and a few boxes of the 135s that I'm going to try in each and see what happens.

I picked this gun up in December and it’s my first 6.5CM. I haven’t been able to find any prime to try out. I wanted to try it but I’ve never found it since their big fight with Ruag. I wanted to shoot factory ammo but bought a box of 130 rdf to load and see what I could get out of handloads. Preliminary results are looking promising.

I picked this gun up in December and it’s my first 6.5CM. I haven’t been able to find any prime to try out. I wanted to try it but I’ve never found it since their big fight with Ruag. I wanted to shoot factory ammo but bought a box of 130 rdf to load and see what I could get out of handloads. Preliminary results are looking promising.
Thanks for the reply.

One of these days I'll make it to the range and do some playing around.

Went to the range today and tried two types of ammo, in two different rifles.

One rifle is an ARC Nucleus with a Criterion prefit, 26 inches long.

Second rifle is a Tikka with a Criterion prefit.

Both rifles are 1:8 twist, MTU contours finished at 26 inches.

I put a box of the 135 Classic Hunters through the Nuke, and a box of 140 Hybrids through the Tikka.

Both rifles shot pretty nice groups. Pasties are 1" diameter.

The middle
20190610_200257.jpg
picture is of the velocities of 9 shots through each rifle with the Nuke/135g on top, the Tikka 140s on the bottom.

Had one round that was pretty low out of the 135s. Not sure if it was error or what but it was excessively lower than the average.
20190610_200338.jpg
20190610_210236.jpg

Reactions: cornhusker86
Just ordered 400rds of these hope they shoot in my new barrel. Built the gun to be a backup match rifle and at $1.40 a round I might not even bother loading for this rifle.

Nammo must be pumping them out. Targetsports just got some 6 Creed with the 105 hybrid in stock.

Sweet! Didn't know they made 6mm Creed ammo, thats gonna definitely help me go that route on next barrel. I have no time to handload, and love this ammo, so been staying with 6.5..

Just ordered 400rds of these hope they shoot in my new barrel. Built the gun to be a backup match rifle and at $1.40 a round I might not even bother loading for this rifle.

Shot it last weekend at a match. Rounds 3-5 through the new barrel were one hole. Adjusted scope and shot 5 and couldn't see the hole inside a half inch dot. Stuff hammered all day. One stage had 3 modified prone positions and 2 front bag positions and it was shooting a group about the diameter of the bottom of a 20 water bottle at 650. Makes me rethink even reloading for this backup action.

Shot it last weekend at a match. Rounds 3-5 through the new barrel were one hole. Adjusted scope and shot 5 and couldn't see the hole inside a half inch dot. Stuff hammered all day. One stage had 3 modified prone positions and 2 front bag positions and it was shooting a group about the diameter of the bottom of a 20 water bottle at 650. Makes me rethink even reloading for this backup action.
Agreed. All my stuff is packed up as we are going to be moving shortly and if I can shoot factory ammo for this price, I may not even unpack it.?

• Haha
Reactions: kabarNC