• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Berger 7mm 180 VLD, Will my 1/9.5 stabilize?

CLICKBANGBANG

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2011
I've got a 7mm RM that has a 1/9.5 barrel on it. The Berger 180 is saying 1/9 or faster. Opinions on whether I'll see any problems or lack of accuracy?

I've ladder tested Bergers 180 hunting VLD at 300 yards and everything looks good so far. I'm loading up another detailed test before I start picking a load for groups. This test will run out to 400 yards to see how we do.

Winchester M70 "Black shadow" in 7mm RM;
Factory 1/9.5 twist barrel

New stock with bedded action and first 2" of barrel. The rest of barrel is floated. Muzzle brake, and a bit of trigger work. DNZ mount and a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40.

Thanks for any help.
smile.gif

Re: Berger 7mm 180 VLD, Will my 1/9.5 stabilize?

I have a buddy with a 7 WSM in 9.5 twist and he is able to stabilize the 180gr Berger Hybrid without problems. His MV was something like 2800 and it was in under 1k' D.A.

I think the Hybrid might actually be a bit longer than the 180gr VLD, so I think you are good to go.

Re: Berger 7mm 180 VLD, Will my 1/9.5 stabilize?

Good to here he didn't have any issues. I should be close or at 2800 fps with this set up.