• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Berger Hybrid 153.3g Bullet Load Data??

If you e-mail Berger tonight you will probably get a response Monday AM unless they are backed up because of the Holidays. Last Wednesday I emailed at *AM and had a response by 10AM.

If you e-mail Berger tonight you will probably get a response Monday AM unless they are backed up because of the Holidays. Last Wednesday I emailed at *AM and had a response by 10AM.
Thanks. I’ll email them now.

Just call their tech line. The two numbers I have are 480-898-2737 and 660-460-2802, not sure goes where. I learn something every time I call lol

Reactions: Bunny723
Was in a similar position when the bullets came out, not a lot of data. I set a target of 2700 fps as I feel that is realistic for the Creed and would give me a rain/heat safe load for year round shooting.

Started with H4350 powder, CCI 450's and Lapua SR brass. Worked up loads and 40.3 grains gives me 2700 fps from a 26" barrel. This is my standard load now for my creed and works all year round.

Hope this helps.

I just saw this post. Apologies. Berger’s max load data that they gave me was 39.5g RL-16. I’m only getting 2590 fps with a 22” barrel and CCI-400 primers. I’m sure it has to be my shorter barrel length. Maybe I could use magnum primers and increase the charge weight by .5 grain? Thoughts. I really want 2,700fps out of this bullet.

Yes, based on my experience and other loads I've seen published I would feel comfortable going up in .2 grain increments and watch for pressure. If you have a fast barrel you might make it, but I bet you'll find an additional .5 grains get you close enough the target will never notice the difference.

If you have any RL26 or similar slower burning powder give it a try. I ran RL26 with 153 Atips and got a little over 2800 but it was a warm load. I don't recall the load but think it was in the 44+ grain range. If you call berger they will give you the data. But you will need to run a slower powder with a heavier bullet to get the speed you want.

Ok. I called berger. They gave all the load data for all powders on the 153.5 g bullet they had. I’ll try and get my hands on some RL 26. I could use it for other applications anyway. Thanks for the help.

1CFE1327-A0EE-4BED-9FF2-514EFA3BCE7E.jpeg

Reactions: mountainboy
FYI they are sensitive to jump - you might need to do a seating depth test. I'm shooting from a bigger case, but have great accuracy 5-15 off the lands, which falls off as I get further out. Haven't tried to jump more than 50 thou, but it was terrible there (~1moa).

Interesting. I was under the assumption the hybrids were jump tolerant. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll go back and for my next 25 round load test and do them 15 thou off and see if that’s better for me. I’ll need to get a bigger magazine for it. The Magpul Pmags are gonna cut it for that test. Thanks.

Interesting. I was under the assumption the hybrids were jump tolerant. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll go back and for my next 25 round load test and do them 15 thou off and see if that’s better for me. I’ll need to get a bigger magazine for it. The Magpul Pmags are gonna cut it for that test. Thanks.
Are “not” going to cut
It