• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger No BS BC Podcast Part 3 with Bryan and Emil

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

This episode is probably my favorite so far, we had a great conversation, the flow was awesome knowledge bombs were falling from heaven, absolute perfect podcast

Enjoy

It was very good. It was nice to hear a simplified explanation about BC from Emil. Bryan's remarks at the end regarding .22s prompted me to post in the rimfire forum here and ask some questions I've had. After hearing the answers I'm not ready to gear up for another game yet.

The .22 discussion was great. Regarding kestrel/ab truing for a .22lr using the DSF as opposed to mv, since a bc for a .22 flying subsonic wouldn’t necessarily be relevant I found this to be useful information. On a side note, looking at the ballistics numbers for a .22lr load in the kestrel, it says transonic range is 871yd and subsonic range is 1055yd. Well we know its already subsonic at the muzzle and transonic range is out of the box to the magazine. Curious glitch in the software, and I expect it would be the case for any other subsonic loads. But the question ultimately is whether this procedure for truing a .22 would be same process for any other subsonic loads like a 500gr .458 socom.

There was talk about a Q&A thread regarding the podcast episodes

When stuff is sorta unique like the post above, which I think is a great question, I feel Bryan might want to answer specific things like that separately.

I can talk to them about a single overall Q&A thread where you can ask these types of question and they can answer for all.

I want to make it easy for them, but understand when these types of questions come up

There was talk about a Q&A thread regarding the podcast episodes

When stuff is sorta unique like the post above, which I think is a great question, I feel Bryan might want to answer specific things like that separately.

I can talk to them about a single overall Q&A thread where you can ask these types of question and they can answer for all.

I want to make it easy for them, but understand when these types of questions come up

The .22 discussion thread and additional Q&A regarding it would be great. I was actually discussing .22LR truing with DSF and not MV on my Kestrel Elite with Katie and the rest of the crew @ Kestrel on a Zoom call last week. And to be using the CDM vs BC when picking your ammo from the bullet library.

Great stuff!

The rimfire section of the podcast was really informative. I didn't know that about Lapua's ammo and x-act. I have the Kestrel Elite with the AB custom curves for SK and Lapua ammo. Even though SK's ammo says .172 for their BC, I've trued their ammo to around .132 / .135 BC. Lapua has .172 for their BC which when shooting out to 400 yards, a .132 vs .172 BC is drastically different.

My question was I thought Lapua owned SK and it was all the same bullet. Maybe that's wrong and SK and Lapua actually are different bullets. From the SK custom curve and the Lapua custom curve, for the same MV, it was about 1.5mils different at 400 yards which is significant. Even .3/.4 mils are pretty significant on the closer range 200 yard targets. I need to learn how to use the DSF / understand the custom curves. I had assumed AB's Elite Custom Curves were probably the best as they're doppler'd out pretty far.

I've been shooting SK+ / SK Pistol Match Special. I think it's time to switch to Center-X for the higher BC.