• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger stopped making 6mm 105 hybrids??

Davehc130

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2013
I have been looking for 105 hybrids for well over a year....did Berger just stop making them??

I have been looking for 105 hybrids for well over a year....did Berger just stop making them??
No, they just figured out that they can charge $0.60 per projectile and still keep a waiting list among their distributors, so they're in no hurry to inject more of that particular product into their supply lines. They'd have to possibly lower the price if they increased supply..

Berger isn't charging .60 for 105 Hybrids.

I looked at my receipt where I bought some 14 months ago at Eurooptic. Their price now has gone up less than 5%.

Reactions: Rog2069 and ZY100
Berger isn't charging .60 for 105 Hybrids.

I looked at my receipt where I bought some 14 months ago at Eurooptic. Their price now has gone up less than 5%.
Looks like you need a sales job!!! I was referring to the price delivered, and you may want to check again from 14 months ago.

Reactions: reubenski
I'm not trying to sell anything, I was just correcting you. I don't need to check again on anything.

Berger doesn't charge .60 for 105gr Hybrids, and their price hasn't increased 10% from last year.

I'm not trying to sell anything, I was just correcting you. I don't need to check again on anything.

Berger doesn't charge .60 for 105gr Hybrids, and their price hasn't increased 10% from last year.
Berger doesn't charge .60 a piece, but retailers/distributors certainly do and people still buy them all day long

Reactions: Average guy
Distributors don't charge .60 either.

And what retailer charges $60 for a box?

After years of watching the Berger show I now only set up a barrel to use them if I can find enough to last the barrel life.

Distributors don't charge .60 either.

And what retailer charges $60 for a box?
1694187853534.png

I don’t see free shipping and no tax listed anywhere.

If you can't find them, move on to something you can buy. There's several bullets out there that will work, you just might have to put a little effort into working up a load/ seating depth.

Reactions: mthomas001
If you can't find them, move on to something you can buy. There's several bullets out there that will work, you just might have to put a little effort into working up a load/ seating depth.
No doubt, I've actually had good luck with the 112 Barnes Match Burners jumping 65K and about 2,860 MV. Better than the 109 hybrids and on par with the 105 hybrids!

I used to shot the shit out of 105 HYB. I bought them in 5 to 6 thousand lots from Capstone. Now the situation with them is beyond my patience level. Fuck Berger. I just move on to bullets that are regularly more available and people don't want to gouge you to sell them when they have them.
Yup. There are a few really good alternatives out there.

I used to shot the shit out of 105 HYB. I bought them in 5 to 6 thousand lots from Capstone. Now the situation with them is beyond my patience level. Fuck Berger. I just move on to bullets that are regularly more available and people don't want to gouge you to sell them when they have them.
Amen brother....

Reactions: anisbet75 and lash
Probably off topic here, did the BC of those bullets come out higher than what they stated on the box? That’s the only thing that’s kept me from them
My experience with Scenars is that they are so consistent that a slight difference in BC is negligible in the scheme of things. Same with the 6.5 136 gr Scenars.

Reactions: Shoots 700's
Sierra 107’s are my choice. Never found the Berger 105 hybrids to be better enough to switch.

Reactions: lash
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Barnes 105 Gr Bt Match Burners in there 6GT, there a lot cheap.

Great bullets, worth the money . Thinking maybe I bought up the remaining stock with all the stories are read ? I took it for granted they were readily available .

Was thinking about a 6GT or BRA, but man I do not want to stress over finding bullets.

Was thinking about a 6GT or BRA, but man I do not want to stress over finding bullets.
There’s no law saying “you have to shoot hybrids and you can’t wrap your thumb around the pistol grip.” Hornady A-Tips and Lapua Scenar-L are relatively easy to get and perform very well.

There’s no law saying “you have to shoot hybrids and you can’t wrap your thumb around the pistol grip.” Hornady A-Tips and Lapua Scenar-L are relatively easy to get and perform very well.
We can still do that? LOL I never shot too good with the whole dainty same side thumb technique. I think my recoil management far exceeds any milking I might add!

No doubt, I've actually had good luck with the 112 Barnes Match Burners jumping 65K and about 2,860 MV. Better than the 109 hybrids and on par with the 105 hybrids!

I've been shooting 112 match burners at 2950. Jumping them 110.

Half the price of Bergers and shoot just as good.

Bruno’s had stock a few minutes ago. I hoped in as soon as I got the notification and snagged a 500ct box.

I am almost out of 243 115gr VLD hunting bullets. Been looking for over a year. I'll probably buy a barrels worthy of Dtac's when I can swing it.
Sucks to not be able to get what works really well.
Good luck on your hunt.

The 108 beger BTHP shoots really good guys. Serious, they are way easier to find and they are very consistent. The scenars I've found to be consistent pretty well also but they wouldn't quite shoot the way the bergers did for me.

For anyone looking Bullet Central just got the Berger 109's are back in stock, but they jacked the price up to the highest I've seen. $65/box or .65 cents per bullet. Wow. They are officially the highest price I have found on the internet. I can imagine what the heavier, larger caliber bullets are going to be now.

Hodgdon H4350 is up to $56.99 at Scheels too. Better stock up if you can find it cheaper.