• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger VLD Hunting vs Target

Jig Stick

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I worked up a load using the 210g Berger VLD target bullets. Now im reloading for deer season. Is it safe to assume that the 210g VLD hunting bullets will have the same POI as the target bullets? Powder, brass, primers, and seating depth are all the same. And i believe that the BC is the same between the two bullets

Berger VLD Hunting vs Target

I ask Walt at Berger the same question.

Is there any difference with load data between the 7mm 168gr VLD target and Hunting VLD. Can i use the same COL on both? They both have the same BC, so i understand one has a thicker jacket, correct?

Walts reply:

The data is the same. The target has a thicker jacket.

If we can be of any additional help feel free to contact us.
Thanks for your interest and have a great day.

Walt Berger
Berger Bullets
Technical Advisor

Re: Berger VLD Hunting vs Target

In my experience, they do. I think the target just has a little thicker jacket.

Re: Berger VLD Hunting vs Target

good to hear. Deer season in PA opens the monday after thanksgiving. We hit the farm on saturday to get the blinds all setup and to drink beer. We also go "turnip hunting" and I want to take up some loads fitted with the target VLDs for that, and some hunting VLDs for the deer.