• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best “nicer” 6.5 Creedmoor AR10

week3

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2013
North of Seattle, WA
I’m interested in getting a “nicer” 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 (probably 22” barrel) long range precision rifle and am trying to decide what make/model to get...Wilson Combat’s Super Sniper, Nemo Arms, LWRC, JP, etc. Based on your experiences what make/model would you choose? Thanks in advance for sharing.

Oh then ya jp. Not sure if im allowed to say this but talk to the guys at manning and sons guns theyve always gotten me better prices than anyone else on anything from a jp in stock to a jp custom ordered by me through them

Reactions: LG65CM and week3
Oh then ya jp. Not sure if im allowed to say this but talk to the guys at manning and sons guns theyve always gotten me better prices than anyone else on anything from a jp in stock to a jp custom ordered by me through them
Thanks for the recommendation

If you haven’t checked out Grey Ghost Precision Grim a look I would check them out. Comes with a proof research steel barrel. There a pretty solid gun out of the box.

Reactions: week3
If you have the cash, there's none better than the JP. I've got a few JP rifles and they are amazingly accurate. Fit and finish are top tier. JP's muzzle brakes and triggers, IMHO, are truly underrated. They really do make you start to question if a semi-auto could become anymore accurate.

While I do not have a JP, I continue to hear nothing but good things. What I do own is a GA Precision GSP-10 in 6.5CM. It shoots fantastic. It is a super consistent.6-.75 moa 5 shot groups gasser. That’s with Hornady 147 ELD-M. Tuned handloads would no doubt make it .5 or less!
I have nothing bad to say about JP, but I know my GAP will really shot awesome too.

I'm drooling over those KAC 6.5CM uppers. That monster came out a few months after I got my SR25. Had I known, I may have gotten it instead. The upper costs $3800 IIRC, but I bet it's damn nice. You can get a new Mk20 for that! That's also how much I paid for my whole SR25 w/discount. One day maybe. The upper, not the Mk20.

I don't know what one costs as a complete rifle, but if it's on par with what the others are gonna cost, I'd seriously take a look at it. The SR25 is probably my favorite rifle.

When it comes to building rifles, I don't build the big ones, just 15's, but I swear by the JP FMOS carrier and bolt for the AR. There isn't one nicer IMO, not if you're gonna build one. I can only imagine their full size stuff is just as good.

JP won people over with quality, because they sure as shit weren't winning anyone over with looks for much of this century! Some of their factory rifles just look unimpressive but with JP you can't judge a book by the cover.

Jp rifles shoot lights out but are uglier than sin. I also question how reliable they run under harsh conditions. With the sr25 and mws, you know they will just run.

You could build one hell of a rifle for $5k using top end parts and a proof CF barrel. But building takes knowledge and intelligence, something not everyone has. If you are willing to buy the tools and fixtures, and willing to learn, you can build a rifle every bit as good as the parts guns from GAP, seekins,ect

Reactions: car16smg and week3
Jp rifles shoot lights out but are uglier than sin. I also question how reliable they run under harsh conditions. With the sr25 and mws, you know they will just run.

You could build one hell of a rifle for $5k using top end parts and a proof CF barrel. But building takes knowledge and intelligence, something not everyone has. If you are willing to buy the tools and fixtures, and willing to learn, you can build a rifle every bit as good as the parts guns from GAP, seekins,ect

@The King had a lot of good things to say about JP reliability. He might be one to talk to if you’re interested in going that route.

JP all the way. Accurate and reliable. I had 2 shooters run my LRP-07 6.5 CM in a PRS match Saturday. 1 shooter running Hornady 140, 1 using 147 Hornady handloads. Both shot fantastic. We actually commonly have fast enough 2nd and 3rd hits in a row that targets get bounced off hangers or break. JPs are very, very well tuned.

Sunday I took 3 brand new shooters out and had them cruuuushhhing 2/3 IPSC targets at 500. Started at 500, told them it was easy, they nailed it. Prime 130, Hornady 140, Hornady 147 all smashing, just a different elevation. I'm comfortable handing anyone my JP at the range and knowing it will work.
IMG_20180410_093838_575.jpg

Thanks for the mention. I have an ar10 addiction. Flat out.

If i had to do it and needed it to work out right, I would get the JP. If it were part of my addiction just to see what was out there, It would be the nemo probably. As long as i could tolerate it ending badly if that was the case...

I have made my own AR10 over 100 times now every time something new comes out...the JP is still just that little bit better than anything I have made myself.

@The King had a lot of good things to say about JP reliability. He might be one to talk to if you’re interested in going that route.

I may be the odd man out in this thread, but it seems to me the most important component when it comes to accuracy is the barrel/chamber. Unless you're looking to win the next benchrest competition with it, any of the top barrel makers will be able to get you <.5 MOA accuracy these days. I have an AR10 with a Ballistic Specialties 18" barrel on it that shoots <.5 MOA day in and day out. The gun was built by a local shop for under $2500.

I may be the odd man out in this thread, but it seems to me the most important component when it comes to accuracy is the barrel/chamber. Unless you're looking to win the next benchrest competition with it, any of the top barrel makers will be able to get you <.5 MOA accuracy these days. I have an AR10 with a Ballistic Specialties 18" barrel on it that shoots <.5 MOA day in and day out. The gun was built by a local shop for under $2500.
Barrel yes super important. But also looking at small things like barrel nut, receiver flex, hand guard flex etc everything that takes a barrel that would perform like a freefloated bolt barrel and adds in variables

I have personally owned a Seekins SP10 6.5 creed. It was one of he most accurate gas guns I have driven. Maybe the one I had was just a freak.. For the money I personally would take it over the Jp.

If the side charging is a thing for you then by all means go JP. Im not knocking JP by anymeans...

Reactions: week3 and Henok
rangerproof arms built me one with a JP barrel and it shoots lights out.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1196.JPG
    IMG_1196.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: week3 and Henok
Barrel yes super important. But also looking at small things like barrel nut, receiver flex, hand guard flex etc everything that takes a barrel that would perform like a freefloated bolt barrel and adds in variables

You're absolutely right, no arguing that every variable is going to make a difference. At the same time, there's a point of diminishing returns where you can pay an excessive amount of money for only marginal improvement in accuracy. It all comes down to what you're trying to accomplish.

Reactions: week3 and b6graham
Best options ranked:

1.) Pay someone like MSTN or Craddock to build you one from quality parts. This way you can have the best of the best components like a Bartlein barrel, Superlative Arms AGB, Seekins Polylithic upper, JP high pressure bolt, TriggerTech Adaptable trigger and so on. No other way to get the best of everything.

2.) Get a Seekins (with their detent AGB) or a JP (with their detent AGB). The advantages of a quality adjustable gas block cannot be overstated, especially with 6.5CM. I'd lean JP for the BCG personally.

3.) Other quality AR10 makers like KAC and LMT.

I’m interested in getting a “nicer” 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 (probably 22” barrel) long range precision rifle and am trying to decide what make/model to get...Wilson Combat’s Super Sniper, Nemo Arms, LWRC, JP, etc. Based on your experiences what make/model would you choose? Thanks in advance for sharing.

@week3 there is a JP in 6,5 creedmoor here at the top of Armslist page. Vendor is Manning % sons as someone recommended. Good price too.
http://www.armslist.com/store/539

Thanks for the mention. I have an ar10 addiction. Flat out.

If i had to do it and needed it to work out right, I would get the JP. If it were part of my addiction just to see what was out there, It would be the nemo probably. As long as i could tolerate it ending badly if that was the case...

I have made my own AR10 over 100 times now every time something new comes out...the JP is still just that little bit better than anything I have made myself.

Funny you mention Nemo. I was just looking and drooling over one in 300 win mag. I'm not familiar with the brand but was very curious when I saw they were using a cut rifled Bartlein. Not sure if anyone is familiar with them.

If you willing to spend $5000, I'd go with the JP as well. I have owned several different brands over the years and now only own JP AR's. They truly are the best rifle out there in my opinion. I will admit, the JP LPR-07 is a heavy rifle which is fine for a range/competion rifle but If wanting something the pack around hunting, a lighter option like a Seekins or Wilson Combat might be a better option for you.

When evaluating an ar10 platform, there are a few things to watch for:

1. Barrel. Barrel. And the Barrel.
2. No adjustable gas means no credit card swipe.
3. BCG quality.
4. Pedigree of the builder. Do they know high pressure ar10s well? Or are they making them because they can.

I consider all builds to be a risky proposition. You may get a shooter or a shitter.

I picked up a Savage M10 MSR Long Range in 6.5 Creedmoor last summer. It is rich with features not found on many high dollar custom AR 10 type rifles for way less money. Check out these features on Savages website for particulars. It is shooting my reloads in the 1/2”-5/8” groups at 109 yds. I have the Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP XLR Reticle on the rifle which is working well out to 1,000 yds.

Reactions: week3 and kardan
I built my own using a Lothar-Walther barrel and bolt. It rivals my bolt guns. I'm well under $2k. I promise you a JP dont shoot $3k better. But again its the shooter or shitter I agree with that 100%. If it was a shitter though I would have just sold it and start over.

Reactions: week3 and Potss
For a target rifle JP and it's not a contest.

I took the JP to the field. For months. In the winter in the mountains. It kicked ass, and got shot every day.

We did use the Jp buffering bolt carrier and fairly strong gas settings.

I’ve been running the Modern Outfitters MC7 for about 2 months now. I like it. My teammate went with the JP. Both are outstanding. They are both tacdrivers.

Attachments

• 106E29D3-0514-4F4C-A917-2A51264AB6A0.jpeg
    106E29D3-0514-4F4C-A917-2A51264AB6A0.jpeg
    828.4 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: Yoda16 and week3
Pretty new to Snipers Hide, but I will chime in. I do not know about the Lanxang 6.5 Creedmoor, but I bought the VL34 .308 this year and it is the best gas gun I have owned.
I have had Obr, PObr, SR 25 ECM, Falkor but none were as good for ME as the VL34.
I liked it so much I have a Lanxang .260 coming.
The gun makes me look like a better shooter than I am!
I have not heard anything bad about the JP either. Only positives.

Reactions: Potss and week3
https://www.snipershide.com/jp-enterprises-lrp-07-6-5-creedmoor-review/

I just finished a Stag-10 build as it is non restricted here in Canada while the others aren’t, but otherwise I’d be looking at a JP, Wilson Combat, or LMT. JP would be my top choice for a precision rifle, but as someone said they aren’t light... so if I wanted something a handier weight for a more versatile rifle I’d look at the some of the others.

Too many reviews over the years saying how great the JP’s are. Nothing magic about building an AR-10, but more pitfalls than its little brother for sure. And, getting top accuracy out of a 6.5 creedmoor seems to take some expertise so a complete gun is a great option IMO (adjustable gas block?, +2 gas system?). The two links I included definitely influenced me to build mine.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/07/22/6-5-creedmoor-ar-showdown/

Good luck! Please let us know what you ended up getting and how it worked out for you - the best part of these type of threads.

Here is mine. Shoots decent groups with factory Federal GMM 130 gr. Haven't reloaded for it yet. Ran me about $3000.

JP barrel, bolt, bcg, and buffer. Aero upper/lower. SLR free-float. Magpul stock and furniture. SWFA fixed 16x42. Nightforce Unimount. Atlas bipod. CMC 2-stage 2&2lb.

IMG_20171216_142746~2.jpg
IMG_20171216_142820.jpg

IMG_20171216_160619.jpg

Reactions: McCrazy and week3
Nice rifle and good group! You had a chance to stretch its legs a little further?

As well, how’s the reliability? Is that a 22” barrel with the rifle length +2 gas system? I went with a 20” barrel and an adjustable gas block since it was in stock and they didn’t know when the 22” version of the barrel I wanted would be restocked again. Only thing I’m a little unsure of. Plan to go the range tomorrow, but won’t get to stretch its legs until the weekend at least. Only 10 rds down range so far.

Anyone else had any experience with a 20” rifle length gas system vs 22” and +2 inch gas system?? I’ve got a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block which sounds like it should work pretty well. Read an article on the JP LRP-07 and they were talking about ‘dwell-time’ and how the residual chamber pressure can cause extraction problems as well as the faster, increased peak pressure which can overgas the system. Sounds like its mostly a problem with shorter barrels 18” and less but seems like at least rifle length gas system and a 20” barrel is desirable.

Anybody have any experience with the superlative arms gas block, or a rifle length vs +2 gas system?

Weird no one has mentioned the Noveske N6 I’m here. Is it just a name? I’ve had many Noveske rifles in 556 and 300BLK and they have all be laser beams. So why wouldn’t the N6?

I had an SR25 ER and it was ridiculously accurate. Test target at .47 MOA and it would shoot the wings off a fly. Sadly I had to sell it to pay for my Divorce. But I’d have a KAC or Noveske any day of the week.

Nice rifle and good group! You had a chance to stretch its legs a little further?

As well, how’s the reliability? Is that a 22” barrel with the rifle length +2 gas system? I went with a 20” barrel and an adjustable gas block since it was in stock and they didn’t know when the 22” version of the barrel I wanted would be restocked again. Only thing I’m a little unsure of. Plan to go the range tomorrow, but won’t get to stretch its legs until the weekend at least. Only 10 rds down range so far.

Anyone else had any experience with a 20” rifle length gas system vs 22” and +2 inch gas system?? I’ve got a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block which sounds like it should work pretty well. Read an article on the JP LRP-07 and they were talking about ‘dwell-time’ and how the residual chamber pressure can cause extraction problems as well as the faster, increased peak pressure which can overgas the system. Sounds like its mostly a problem with shorter barrels 18” and less but seems like at least rifle length gas system and a 20” barrel is desirable.

Anybody have any experience with the superlative arms gas block, or a rifle length vs +2 gas system?

Hey yeah I've shot it out to ~900 yards. It's a laser. It is the 22" with the extra long gas system. It shoots super smooth the reliability has been 100% so far. I bought the JP dead blow bolt. So there's not supposed to be any bounce when it goes into battery. It's also the heavy BCG and silent capture buffer with tungsten weights so it's supposed to add to the reliability. Honestly most of my ARs are very reliable if I keep them lubed.

I've heard of some of those problems but I haven't had any. I buy adjustable gas blocks for all my rifles and set it up like I'll shoot it most (ie. suppressed vs. unsuppressed) and I adjust the system until the brass eject to 3:00. I have a rifle length on my 18" AR and the only problem I've had through thousands of rounds were due to lack of lube. SLR Rifleworks makes great adjustable gas blocks. They have detents so you don't have to use loctite and you have a setting you can record.

Hey yeah I've shot it out to ~900 yards. It's a laser. It is the 22" with the extra long gas system. It shoots super smooth the reliability has been 100% so far. I bought the JP dead blow bolt. So there's not supposed to be any bounce when it goes into battery. It's also the heavy BCG and silent capture buffer with tungsten weights so it's supposed to add to the reliability. Honestly most of my ARs are very reliable if I keep them lubed.

I've heard of some of those problems but I haven't had any. I buy adjustable gas blocks for all my rifles and set it up like I'll shoot it most (ie. suppressed vs. unsuppressed) and I adjust the system until the brass eject to 3:00. I have a rifle length on my 18" AR and the only problem I've had through thousands of rounds were due to lack of lube. SLR Rifleworks makes great adjustable gas blocks. They have detents so you don't have to use loctite and you have a setting you can record.
Hi guys, reopening an old thread here...
I’m looking into the Nemo rifles, either the XO or battle light .223, and there’s almost nothing out there.
Has anyone come across one since this last post?
My son is obsessed with “finding Nemo” throughout quarantine, and now I think it my by a divine signal lol