• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best 1 to 4 power scope under $500 for 5.45x39 AR

I really like the Bushnell Elite 4200 1.25-4x It has an illuminated dot at the center of the reticle.

I haven't used one myself, but for a relatively cheap daylight-visible 1-4x, the Mueller Speedshot gets pretty good reviews.
Mueller 1-4x24 Speed Shot 30mm Riflescope & Mount Kit
I also liked the Burris Tac30 almost as well as the Mtac for $100 less (its an awesome value), but I much prefer the illumination dial control of the Mtac over the push button style of the tac30.

I don't use scopes on my AR's but I do like fixed 2.5 to 4X scopes.

Then don't have to be expensive. Weaver and Leopold both make great fixed power scopes in that power range. Great light gathering abilities and field of view needed for hunting.

The Weaver is a little bit clearer but both are good.

And they can be had for less the $300.

The Vortex PST and Burris MTAC are by far the two front runners in 3gun in that price range however you can find a lot of Burris XTRs 1-4 used same as new in that range. Depends on your application but the XTR has a little better glass than the MTAC and on par with the Vortex but has a finer center dot than the MTAC. I'd been using a TAC 30 on my 3gun AR and wanted to try a XTR. What I found is the larger dot on the TAC30 is way better for hosing the up close targets but the 1 moa dot on the XTR is way better on shooting the long range stuff. The 4 moa dot on the MTAc and TAC 30 is faster to pick up than the 1moa of the XTR but the XTR 1 moa dot is very nice for precise shots. Both brands, all the scopes mentioned hold up very well to all the banging around that 3gunners do.

Has anyone had experience with the bushnell 1-4 AR (AR91424I)? Wonder how it compares to the mtac?

I am curious about the Bushnell AR PCL myself. I read mixed reviews

I've got a Burris MTAC in the "looking to trade" classifieds. Asking $325 with mount and butler creek flip up covers.

They're excellent scopes, I'm just wanting more zoom

PM me if interested!

IMO, the MTAC is the leader for a reason. It tends to run 20% less than the competition with no significant advantages for the higher price of the competition. I would go further and say the Tac 30 is the way to go as 90% never use the illumination.

I have the MTAC. If I replace it, I would spend significantly more money for FOV. FOV is why the Swro is the best for 3 Gun.