• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 1x8 scope

jamesmspencerjr

Private
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2014
Hello all of my shooting brothers I have a pressing question to ask all of you. What would be the best 1x8 scope on the market for my SR 25 EC? I appreciate my brothers input.

Sniper's Hide Lots of good 1-8X scope reviews on the home page.

Yep, THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

See, when you post in the right place you get good answers :D

I just finished doing the same research you're doing. Well, kind of, I read reviews and searched threads for about 3 days and then decided to go a different direction altogether. I've found that with that approach I rarely need to start a thread.

There's been a big push in this field of optics, some are fully developed offerings and others are works in progress. Short answer, you have to decide which features are right for YOU. Most of the offerings are a series of trade-offs at this point.

Here are my opinions around best 1-8/10x optics not including any of the 1-6/6.5x models. Differences boil down to reticle, main tube diameter, glass quality, illumination type, length, weight, etc.

Top FFPs are:
S&B 1-8x
Leupold MK8 1.1-8x
US Optics 1-8x
Bushnell Elite Tac 1-8.5x
March 1-8x
IOR Valdada 1-10x (Dual Focal Plane)
IOR Valdada Trident 1.5-8x

Top SFPs are:
March 1-10x
IOR Valdada LTS 1-10x
IOR Valdada 1.5-8x
S&B Zenith 1-8x

More of these are coming to market as well.

In the next week or two the Burris XTR II 1.5x8x28 will be out. Retail is about $1000. Dual focal plane, 34mm tube, etc.

Lots of great choices out there.

I looked as as many of thrse as I could last year and ended up with the leupold mark 6 1-6 on a ar-10 mega billet build and it's really nice. The glass is great really great. Nice reticle but it does twinkle a little as you move around behind it with the reticle lit. It's upper middle price wise. My next choice that us one step down would be the bushnell that cs mike mentioned

Im waiting on a USO SR8M. I understand it wont do anything the best but for versatility it is the best of its class.

I base this only on what I have read because no examples from the major players are available to play with.

From those that have played with lots of scopes am I on the right track?

I don't know what the deal is on the SB 1-8 availability. The word comes and goes.

I liked the CQBSS more. Its design seemed to be more in line with an almost $4k scope. The SB was originally going to be $2600 which wasn't awful...then it became $3800, and THAT is awful. Its price was the deciding factor in its war against the CQBSS IMHO.

Most important, the H37d reticle on the CQBSS really floats my boat. It a horus which I like, and its still fairly usable without illumination. SB did a REALLY good job designing a reticle that completely disappears when you are on 1x. Problem? If your dot is gone you just about can't do anything with it below 2 or 3x.

What did you like about the CQBSS??

What did you like about the CQBSS??

I used one about every day for a year. It was banged around in MRAPS, dropped on boulders, sand blasted by rotor wash, rained on, and ran through the gamut extremes. It always kept its zero, never had an issue with any of the turrets, the glass was clear, and it always tracked. It was easy to go from sitting in an over-watch position with my team, to clearing qalats with it. When using my PVS14's I could look through it with no issues while they were helmet mounted and it worked well with a PVS 29 mounted in front of it. On a 20" Noveske, it was the perfect match, money well spent.

IagHcpU.jpg