• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best 2 stage AR10 Trigger?

blaster

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2004
Ann Arbor Michigan
I have a jewell 2 stage in my Armilite AR10 for 10 years. The last 2 years have interminite problems with it releasing hammer.Drove 2 hrs to range today and after 3ed shot it stopped working. After playing with it and doing something? after 2 minunites it worked fine for 90 rnds.DO not trust it. Replace with another jewell or something better? Blaster

Re: best 2 stage AR10 Trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a jewell 2 stage in my Armilite AR10 for 10 years. The last 2 years have interminite problems with it releasing hammer.Drove 2 hrs to range today and after 3ed shot it stopped working. After playing with it and doing something? after 2 minunites it worked fine for 90 rnds.DO not trust it. Replace with another jewell or something better? Blaster </div></div>

Another vote for Geissele - I'm running their Hi-Speed Match (linked) in my Fulton Armory Titan and it's incredible...best 2 stage AR trigger on the market.

AvsFan
grin.gif

ETA: Spelling
crazy.gif

Wilson Combat TTU. Plug and play. Crisp, clean break, ultra reliable. I got one in my AR15 build and my MA-TEN build.

Geissele trigger in my LWRC...breaks like glass

I have a Geissele Super Dynamic - Enhanced (SD-E) in my POF308 - works great so far... i got the flat trigger vs. the curved. They have a milspec hammer spring.

I'll be running a Geissele SD-E in my MWS....it's easily the finest trigger Ive ever felt or used. Couldn't ask for anything else from it, super predictable, extremely reliably, and has a break that is outta this world:)

25z5phu.jpg

I will back Trident up on this, ten fold. I run the SD-E in all of my precision rigs, the SSA in all of my carbines. For a non adjustable two stage, you can't beat it.

Are 2 stage triggers what most are running these days. I just can't get use to it. Personally not a fan of the 2 stage.

2 Geissele triggers in our house (High Speed DMR's). One in my wifes RRA AR15 and one in my GAP-10. Love 'em.

I know that at Gunsite, for their carbine and battle rifle classes, they tell everyone who has an Armalite or RRA 2-stage to take it out and put the factory trigger back in before the course. This is because apparently none of the factory 2-stage triggers have made it through a full class without going TU.

HOwever, the Gieselle 2-stages are apparently much more reliable and longer-lasting, and the US military uses them in combat rifles. That is what I would go with if reliability is important.

Geissele's are so darn consistent. I have several Hi-speed match triggers, and they are all set-up exactly the same. Great to switch guns mid-session and the trigger is essentially identical.

I did have a problem with the 1st stage becoming "gritty" with long strings shooting suppressed. I now run them "dry" with only a tiny bit of grease @ the sear, and that problem seems solved.

I've been running RRA 2 stage in about 10 different AR platform rifles. A few thousand rounds through them and 0 problems. Quite easy to shoot accurately also. This is on 7.62, 6.8, and 5.56, in several different manufactures also. I have not used the other triggers in AR, so I cannot speak to them.

I dont have a AR-10 but I will throw this out there. I am running a AR Gold trigger in my newest5.56 build and it is amazing but they make one for AR10s also. They are very expensive in terms of triggers but everyone that has shot my rifle has said WOW! on the first shot commented on how good the trigger felt. If you can find one to try I highly recommend it.

any bad stories on KAC's trigger? Love mine in R-25.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rprecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything Geissele </div></div>
+1 not much debate amongst experienced shooters on the best two-stage trigger.