• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors best .22 suppressor??

Re: best .22 suppressor??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonmower</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jonaddis84, i was wondering?? .22 cans that come appart 4 cleaning. u said u lose the good quiet? so, after taken apart the can is not as effective?

& u just dip ur Ti cans in good solvent (copper, powder, & carbon remover)?

looked @ TBAC .22 cans & seem very high quality.

</div></div>

Just saying a dirty can is quieter than a clean can, 95% of the time. Now, I havent noticed as much of a difference between a old dirty 22L-1 and a new clean one because theyre so damn quiet to begin with. But when talking slightly louder cans like the SS Mite from YHM, Ive shot a brand new one side by side with one that had a few thousand rounds through it and there was a night and day difference.

I am slightly biased when I speak of sealed vs take apart being an SOT I can just get a new one if it gets too dirty. BUT, if you get a quality sealed either SS or Ti can you can just do "the dip" on it to clean it out. My problem is that I hate cleaning anything, so my take apart cans become sealed cans anyway.

I think a lot of people want to over-clean their suppressors, even .22 suppressors. Just because you "can" clean something doesn't mean to need to. Yeah, .22 suppressors collect gunk over time. In our .22 cans at least, it'll take <span style="text-decoration: underline">a lot</span> of rounds, but if you double the weight with fouling, it might then be a little less effective at suppression.

Some of you know Ray and I are not big fans of cleaning. I haven't ever cleaned my 22S-1 demo suppressor. If you're shooting any sort of semi-auto, you're going to have to thoroughly clean the host a bunch of times before the suppressor needs to be cleaned. And compared to tearing apart a Ruger MKIII, soaking a can in V&P for a couple days is much easier.

Why do we make a welded and sealed .22 can? So it's stronger, smaller, lighter, and more durable over the long haul. It's how we have one of the lightest suppressors on the market that is rated for .22 WMR, .17 HMR, and even some 5.7.

Most .22 shooters will be able to go years before they "need to" clean our .22 can. For people who really shoot tens of thousands of rounds a year, cleaning of the both host weapon and the suppressor become important. Once that time comes, they can either use the popular vinegar and peroxide method or they can send it in for a free cleaning (our deal is detailed on the web site).

The vinegar/peroxide method is very effective at cleaning out sealed Ti .22 cans (but you have to take appropriate precautions for the hazardous solution that results).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think a lot of people want to over-clean their suppressors, even .22 suppressors. Just because you "can" clean something doesn't mean to need to. </div></div>

+1,000,000,000...I am glad a major manufacturer finally came out and said this.

Amen Zak!

I put 2.5 <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">cases</span></span> of unplated 22's through my suppressor prior to cleaning. The bolt rifle had 1/4" of buildup on the crown from all the crap and the 22 pistol was cleaned 3 times in the case of subsonic and bulk grade 22's that went through the suppressor on it.

I had it for a year before I cleaned mine (though it's a Form1 not a TBAC)

My suggestion for a 22 can is the Thunderbeast 22L or Huntertown Guardian. Both are very quiet, durable and reasonably priced.

I just picked up my tbac 22L-1 and it awesome. Super quite on my buckmark and 10/22. I can't wait till my liberty essence gets approved so I can try'em out side by side.