• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best .22 Suppressor?

Michael12789

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Just bought a Savage Mark II FV-SR and am now looking to buy a can for it. my options are Sparrow, Spectre II, and Warlock all made by SilencerCo.

Which is the best out of these three and are there any cans that are out there better than the best of these three?

Thanks,
M

Don't know about which is best. I heard the Sparrow is pretty good. I was told when looking, you want a 22 can that is easily taken apart, cleaned and reassembled. Also, if it can shoot 22Mags is better. I bought the Surefire, but it doesn't shoot 22mags.

I was looking really hard at the Sparrow and Spectre, and ended up going with a Thunder beast 22L-1, I know a lot of guys stress the "serviceability" thing in 22 cans but with the TBAC, you can just dip it, and then let it drain. I also happened to be buying one of their 30BA's at the same time. Of the ones you listed I was pretty much settled on the Spectre due to it's design, but decided last minute to go with the TBAC mainly due to their overall orientation toward precision shooting, and the fact that they are nearly local and they support the shooting sports that I participate in heavily.

Either way though, I would definately look for Ti or Stainless materials so you can put it or the parts in the dip, for cleaning. But I don't think you'll find anyone here that will say anything truly bad about any of those that you mentioned.

Last edited:
Not familiar with your gun but I run an AAC element 2 on ruger 22/45 and it is bad ass. Not super impressive on 10/22 rifle but still nice. I have read that the sparrow shines on rifles where the element 2 shines on pistol platforms

Spectre II.

SS baffles that can be tumbled with media (no nasty dip). Will disassemble VERY easily.

I have that rifle and that can.
You'll giggle like a school kid the first time you pull the trigger.

I own a Sparrow II, a Spectre II, an AAC Pilot II and have shot a Warlock side-by-side with them. All good cans. If I had to pick from the three you listed I'd say Sparrow. Like the Spectre it's easy to service, rock solid and can handle 17 HMR and 22 Mag. The Sparrow is a hair lighter and an inch shorter. Those subtle differences will be apparent on a pistol. That's how I ended up with the Pilot. AAC's Element II has caught my eye and might be worth a look. Lightweight, 17 HMR rated and great suppression.

Keep in mind that this is a very slippery slop. Suppressors multiply. Buy one today and you'll quickly end up with many.

I own a Sparrow II, a Spectre II, an AAC Pilot II and have shot a Warlock side-by-side with them. All good cans. If I had to pick from the three you listed I'd say Sparrow. Like the Spectre it's easy to service, rock solid and can handle 17 HMR and 22 Mag. The Sparrow is a hair lighter and an inch shorter. Those subtle differences will be apparent on a pistol. That's how I ended up with the Pilot. AAC's Element II has caught my eye and might be worth a look. Lightweight, 17 HMR rated and great suppression.

Keep in mind that this is a very slippery slop. Suppressors multiply. Buy one today and you'll quickly end up with many.

Haha I knkow, I own a SpecWar 7.62, I just wanted a .22 can now lol. Next up is a SilencerCo Osprey.

I have all three of those 22 cans.

I would recommend the sparrow SS

i have shot, an heard many different 22 cans, before i let go the cash
the pilot was a good one from db sound
however my hard earned money went to a sparrow.
like said above,
i love it,
YO

I only have experience with two .22 cans- my Sparrow and a buddy's Element 2. The FRP is better on the Element 2, but to my ear the overall suppression of the Sparrow seems to be a bit better.

I'm VERY happy with my Sparrow purchase, but am also considering another .22 can; looking at either the Spectre 2 or the TacSol Axiom.

I bought the same rifle for my Spectre II. I wanted the stainless baffles, ease of cleaning and it's rated up to 5.7x28 and 22 Hornet.

I have a TBAC 22 S-1 and love it. It is ridiculously small and light and effective. I run it on both pistol and rifle.

I think the serviceability thing for 22 cans is overblown. I wouldn't want to take mine apart even if I could as I don't want to be handling/scrubbing/tumbling lead caked parts. I'm happy letting the chemistry of "the DIP" do the work. Contrary to popular opinion, I think using "the DIP" actually reduces my potential for lead exposure. The lead acetate byproduct is hazardous, but it is not the deadly potion as some on the internet have claimed (it will not penetrate skin).