• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors best 22lr suppresed pistol

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    I am currently in the waiting period for my gemtech outback II and gemtech hvt 308 can. I don't currently have a 22lr pistol and was wondering which ones you guys have and like. would love to know why you like the ones you have. I would like to keep cost under $1000 and I have the ability to have my smith thread pretty much any round barrel.

I have been looking at the tactical solutions 1911 threaded conversion

thanks in advance scott

Re: best 22lr suppresed pistol

Walther P22 with threaded barrel. by the Gemtech adapter and your ready to rock!

I didn't like the "toy like" feel of the P22. It's tiny.

I picked up a Browning Buckmark and threaded the barrel. A friend has a Sig Mosquito w/ adapter.

My Buckmark eats anything. Not "tacticool" but fills the hand nice and is plenty accurate.

I run a Tac65 on it.

My .02.
    DSMcG

I went with the Ruger Mk-II cut down to 4" as I was tired of all the other .22 pistols I'd had jamming constantly. My Ruger went just over 4,000 rounds between cleanings last time. I like being able to spend a whole weekend shooting as much as I want (I have 35 10rd mags for it) without thinking about fail-to-extract issues. It's isn't as sexy looking as the Walther but I've yet to read a single review of the Walter that doesn't contain the 'if you get a good one' caveat.

If, you like the double action then the Skeeter works very well and is one of the least expensive ways to go. Mine has been trouble free.
    CIMG0842.jpg

I bought this old Buck Mark for $225 and added a TacSol threaded barrel for $200 and it is more accurate with a sweet single action pull, and very light weight. You are going to have a lot of fun!
    CIMG0835.jpg

I have a TAC65 and I run it on my Buckmark with a TacSol Trail-Lite 4" threaded barrel:

SHHH003.jpg

SHHH003-1.jpg

Hasn't missed a beat yet. Whatever you get, make sure you order a sweet holster from Battlecloth.

Battlecloth-Buckmark-TAC65002.jpg

man that is sweet i had a browning buckmark before with tac sol barrel but I thought it was alittle to light does it feel better with the suppressor on it?

Browning buckmark all the way!!! Eats anything I feed it. I have one with the 4" tac sol barrel and a ultra dot on top, stoned the trigger and it is awesome. Best .22 I have ever owned. Easy to take apart to clean, and that is a super plus when your using dirty .22lr ammo with a suppressor.

I have a P22 that Im happy enough with...I have had a Buckmark and Ruger...much prefer the Buckmark as it is easier to clean...the P22 is a lot of fun though...

I have the buckmark with a 4" tacsol barrell. The buckmarks have an awesome trigger and most people love the feal. I have shot the rugers and the p22's, but the buckark just seams more refined than any of those. thats just my opinion though. each one of those guns have real followings. you should hold each one or shoot them and make your own conclusion.

CJG

Ive had zero issues with my Walther P22 and I bought mine from the same shop and same batch as a buddy. we have run 8,000+ rounds out of each with zero issues.

I have been looking into getting a browning though. seems like a more accurate platform

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohpopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ruger with Tactical Solution PacLite upper. </div></div>

+1. Except i'll add, Ruger Mark II - 22/45 - with TacSol PacLite upper.

I prefer my Buckmark over my P-22. I have 3 diferent barrels for the Buckmark, it is way more accurate and parts (front sight) never fall off when shooting unlike the P-22. The Buckmark is larger than the P-22, even when using a smaller barrel.

buckmark22lr.jpg

Ranb

Then if you want something that you won't run into everyday get yourself a Smith 41 and stick on a Bully Barrel with intergrated optic rail with an Aimpoint T1 mounted. It is my favorite. Regards
    CIMG0892.jpg

OK Ill post picks of mine:

with the AAC pilot:
    IMG_0330.jpg

With the element, looks kinda funny because of the shape IMO:

IMG_0331.jpg

Element taken appart:

IMG_0287.jpg

This is the most useful .22 which i use way more than the buckmark (10/22, tacsol SBX barrell, hogue overmold stock, junky scope, tacsol AL mag):

IMG_0918.jpg

Once I did a bunch of reliability tuning to my Tacical Solutions 2211 conversion kit for my 1911, it runs awesome with a suppressor. In one sitting I probably put 3-400 rds through it without a hickup.

Now, I'm not necessarily advocating the TacSol 2211 kit, but I feel that a 1911 22lr conversion as a suppressor host is just badass. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get the Advantage Arms kit and buy a pile of extra parts for it. (I'm nervous about the extractor and ejector wearing out on my tacsol.)

2211_Sideview_1.jpg