• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 3 Lug/Savage barrel action

TitaniumBlue

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
Minnesota, USA
What's the best action available that has a Rem 700 footprint, 3 lugs(60 degree throw) and can use a Savage prefit barrel? The only one I can find is the Ultimatum Precision action. Are there others available?

I dont know of any others unfortunately. I mean, you could probably get a tempest or curtis hooked up with remage setup. But not aware of a savage type 3 lug other than the Ultimatum

yeah; i think your criteria would really make for a fantastic action, but there aint much to fit the bill.

Look at the Curtis Action with the switch lug. It allows you to change barrels yourself. I am pretty sure MPA does prefit barrels, and Alamo precision may have prefit barrels.

The curtis is a great action with features that way more expensive action offer.

#3lugnation

Is there something you dont find particularly attractive on the new Ultimatum Deadline action? I though it looked pretty promising. Most importantly i heard they improved the bolt lift on it, and it sure looks really cool. Only reason i didnt go for one yet has been because i wanted to wait and see how others liked it first while i tried out the Curtis action in the meantime.