• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best 300BLK can?

future_sniper

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2009
Ruther Glen, VA
I am looking to put a can on a 16.5 inch 300BLK bolt gun. I'm stuck between the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 or the Saker 762. My main concern is to get it as quiet as possible with subs. Which one is better? Thanks.

I like the looks of the Specwar. I just hate to make a 16.5 inch barrel 25 inches long. Is there that much reduction over the Saker?

I have the SDN6 and after all the AAC drama with the mounts and giant POI shift I wish I would have waited and gotten a Specwar. The sound reduction is good just having a 5"poi shift and horrible lock up and the WORST customer service I have ever had get a specwar

Quietest= AAC Cyclone or SiCo Specwar.

However, in pretty excited to see how TBAC's CB9 compares to the Cyclone (should be close, but with less POI shift.

If your looking for a shorter OAL, and greater versatility go with the Saker.

I'd the spec war too much weight and size on the end of a 9" 300blk?

It's listed at 24 oz, not sure if that includes mount. The cyclone is 22 oz and feels fine on a 16" Handi rifle, but never tried it on my SBR.

I personally wouldn't use either on a 9" SBR though (starting to make a short package long again), I have a SOCOM762-RC that I use now (loud with subs), and have a Saker 762 pending for my 9" SBR.

Best 300BLK can?

As mentioned above and firsthand experience not a SOCOM 762 RC or Mini. Selling the AAC 9" upper and going the Micro 7 or Handi Rifle with a 9mm can instead.

May want to look into the Liberty suppressors new Mistic X. Not sure if you have any other suppressors in your inventory and this one has a large list of caliber's it is warranted on. It's too new for anyone to have experience with, but there are a few videos showing DB levels that you can compare with others.

http://libertycans.net/mystic-x/

Last edited:
I recently acquired a Rem/AAC 700 BLK . I already own an SWR 9mm Trident suppressor , with an optional 5/8 x 24 adapter , and an Omega-300 . Both are out of production . The Trident is usable for subsonic loads ... Shooting the Remington 220gr. subsonic load , the Omega-300 was noticeably quieter than the Trident , although the Trident is shorter and lighter , with a slightly larger bore ... The Omega-300 makes a .300 WM sound like a .22 .

Not adding restrictions. Just curious if the extra reduction from the Specwar is worth the extra inch and a half over the Saker?

Depends on your priorities.
To me it is worth it because quiet is king.
If size as weight are more important to you,your choice will be different.

I'm sorry to stray from your parameters, but my 16" blackout with a Gemtech quicksand is ridiculously quiet. It makes the mp5 with the octane seem loud by comparison. In my opinion, an adjustable gas block on an AR 300 blk makes quite a difference. I can't imagine how quiet a bolt gun would be!

762 sdn 6 has been ok for me. I don't plan on sniping anyone at 1k meters so am not worried about bad groups. Neither will the coyotes.

Think about it, the blackout is hardly a test for ANY .30 can as there is so little gas to deal with.
If ANY .30 can can't deal with the blast of the blackout it sure as heck won't be worth a piss for a .308.
Your issue is ACCURACY.....forget suppress think ACCURACY.
So what does that all mean? If all you want is to suppress the blast on the blackout round you can buy the cheapest accurate .308 can and you will be done.
All the rest is pure static in the system as THAT round is a puff muffin. 24 ounces? Er....no.

P.S. NO video tells you a damn thing about the sound of the can and if they don't show you TARGET....forget the can completely until you see the accuracy results.

Last edited:
If you are not in a huge hurry we are releasing a SOCOM 300 BO can. It is absolutely the quietest 300 BO can. I can't give specs yet but lets say it isn't much higher in dB levels than a .22 LR suppressed.

300blk isn't hard to suppress. You're not going to notice 3db in any direction but you will notice a shitty locking system on your can guaranteed.

I've been happily using a Cyclone on my 9" AR, but I've acquired a couple brake attach suppressors since then and will be going that route on all future purchases. I've heard enough bad about AAC's system to avoid it and will be going with a TBAC CB7. I don't shoot subsonics so max suppression isn't as much of a concern as I thought it would be. I just want to knock the sound down enough that I don't blow my eardrums out when hunting. YMMV.

I had my Specwar 7.62 out a few days ago.
I was shooting my .300 Handi Rifle.
There are small dividers between the shooting positions where I was at so you can hear everything but cant see the guy next to you until he stands up.
They are short walls that barely stop the brass from going over to your neighbor.
The guy next to me came over to check out my air rifle after I had fired a few rounds.

He thought I was shooting a PCP Air rifle until he saw the rifle.

Im no expert but the Specwar flat out works with the 300.

When shooting Supersonic it is still hearing safe, at least in my opinion. I shoot 223 through it as well and I wouldn't say the same for 223 in an AR.

Im VERY intrigued with idea of a purpose built Surefire suppressor for a 300 BLK. That should be interesting to say the least. As for the options currently available, id find it hard to beat the SAS Resistor at 12 ounces and change, 8" long and able to take 300 mag pressures. I dont know first hand how quiet it is, but it is extremely well made. Assuming you are shooting subs exclusively towards the end goal of the quietest set up, I'd absolutely recommend a titanium can. I use an AAC MK13-SD and it is stupid quiet - as in 119dbs with 185s and 194 lehigh MEs, 120-121dbs with 208 AMAXs and 220 SMKs - but it's 9.5" long. That said it is also 13.9oz. There is no way in hell i would use a stainless steel can on a 300 BLK regardless of whether you are shooting subs or supers. There is just zero need for it unless you like to lug around 3/4 of a pound more weight for no reason. The titanium AWC THOR cans would also be a great option. Thats the only can ive ever heard come close to the attenuation levels of the Specwar or MK13 and is right in the middle of the weight category with its larger diameter.

Nifty little light set up in 300 BLK with MK13.....
DA2D215F-78E0-4BC6-9A08-9A415F15D644.jpg

I shoot my 300bo through an AAC Cyclone and a Surefire 7.62 RC. I much much prefer the surefire. It's lighter, first round flash and pop are so much less than the AAC. I can speak to the other cans by I LOVE my Surefire.

I have a AAC 762 SDN6 and I love it. I have my own formula for 175 grain loads for .308 and people are amazed how quiet it is. It also depends on what you want to use it for. My best thought is get what you like and don't worry about other peoples opinions. I have read plenty of negative stuff about the AAC 762-SD but mine is excellent. Maybe I purchase one of the rare "good cans" they made but I doubt it. I have heard all the cans listed here are awesome. If I were to do it again, I'd likely get a thread on so I could have seamless barrels verses a QD mount. Good luck.