• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors best .300wm supressor?

Re: best .300wm supressor?

I have never been impressed with the surefire cans when compared to other cans AND when you take cost into consideration.

the AAC 300 SD can is on my shortlist of next cans I'm going to buy... I got to shoot one and it was very nice. Going to go on my .300 weatherby mag
smile.gif

Semper Fidelis

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDMAN555</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm between a surefire can and the new AAC 300sd can. which way do i lean on this one? </div></div>

A Shark!

oh also i forgot to mention, looking for a QD type mounting system, i don want to turn down my barrel, its a krieger, so whats the point of buying a heavy barrel to then turn it down?

SHARK suppressors!!

I am also a fan of Quicksilver Manufacturing 300WM can. I own one and couldnt be happier. Its a thread on can but worth it. Very robust and can handle a lot of abuse so Im told.

myself and all my buddies are extremely impressed with my SAS. They have jets and aac's and we all agree mine is the quietest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">myself and all my buddies are extremely impressed with my SAS. They have jets and aac's and we all agree mine is the quietest. </div></div>

i like the QD feature, and i also wouldn't have to turn down the barrel permanently, i could just mount the break, and i have had there recommended to me before. are you running the can on a 300?

I run mine on a SASS, 300wm encore, 308, 243, 7wsm, 270wsm and 300rum.. I have not used it on my 223 yet. Very light weight as well. Get a TAB cover for heat coming off the can.

I have been very happy with an SRT Arms Ti Shadow XL.

Two things to consider the can performs very well but equally important was an excellent customer service and delivery experience from manufacturer to dealer to me. This second aspect seems to be the real hiccup in the supressor market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tackleberry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">myself and all my buddies are extremely impressed with my SAS. They have jets and aac's and we all agree mine is the quietest.</div></div>

anyone know if SAS has their QD system out yet? i like what they offer and i really like the price its offered at. I get to pocket almost a grand in difference give or take from the surefire of the AAC 300SD. Anyone have any long distance shooting experience with a SAS? looking for POA/POI shift data.

Shot my SAS to 1,000 yards last week. I cant see any POI shift. On the heavy barrel issue, you dont have to turn your whole barrel down, just the last inch for threading. I dont see the big deal on that.

I have an AWC 30cal thundertrap on a 300wm and I feel it does an excellent job of recoil and sound abatement...I also have an mtu contour krieger with the last inch threaded to 9/16x24 tpi and I don't feel it has any negative impact on it at all...I'm not to familiar with a qd system but wouldn't they have to thread the barrel to attach the qd break? AWC did the thread job on my rifle and when I first saw it after I couldn't even tell it was threaded due to the seamless fit of the thread protector. I also haven't heard or seen either
suppressor you are interested in but I'm sure any suppressor mentioned will do quite well. It would be hard for me to drop the extra cash on the surefire though

I have an aac 7.62sd works awesome, attaches fast is just about about as quiet on a 556 as a 556 can is and all you need for multiple rifles is another flash hider Mike Merve at aac says they will stand behind there cans even on a 300wm as long as the barrel is at least 24 inches

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rifleman1981</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an aac 7.62sd works awesome, attaches fast is just about about as quiet on a 556 as a 556 can is and all you need for multiple rifles is another flash hider Mike Merve at aac says they will stand behind there cans even on a 300wm as long as the barrel is at least 24 inches </div></div>

hmmmmmmm.. ill def have to take that into consideration. any advice on weather or not to put a 26 incher on there instead of the 24 i have on order

its not that i have a problem threading the barrel, i just don't want to have it turned down, i know some cans you have to turn down the first 6 inches or so of your barrel, and not only does the gun look retarded without the can on it, but I'm sure it looses some of what you paid for in buying the solid heavy barrel in the first place.

I bought the subscription to silencerresearch or whatever it's called. It was very informative.

I wanted a QD .30 caliber can that I could use on .308 bolt guns, AR10 platform, and maybe a .300WM.

I already have 3 AAC cans, so I am a little biased (M4-2000 Gen I - very old and very good, Phantom - freaking awesome, and Evo-9).

Anyway, when I looked at the combination of noise reduction, size, weight, cost, and warranty, the AAC 762SD was the clear choice for me.

Sure the Gemtech was a little quieter (especially first round pop), but it weighed like 12oz more than the AAC. That's a lot.

The Quicksilver cans are really quiet - but they should be because they're frickin' HUGE! He uses the same tube diameter for .50BMG, .338LM, and .300WM! If you used a tube diameter the same size as the muffler on your Jeep, it should be quiet!

I am entirely unfamiliar with Shark and SAS.

All things being equal (and they rarely are), YHM stuff is big heavy and loud - but cheap, Surefire is way overpriced for what you get, AWC is generally out-dated technology but is beefy and reliable, the SRT guy is kind of a nut (I have a couple of good stories about him) but makes a pretty nice can, etc.

So Gemtech and AAC are the real competitors in this product range, IMHO.

I called AAC a while back and asked about using the 762SD on .300WM. The guy said it did void the warranty, but that the military uses this can on their .300WM rifles. He said that they had a problem with some really high pressure ammo through a 20" barrel in .300WM that bulged the tube, but that I shouldn't have a problem with the 26" barrel on my PSS.

I sold my 762SD and am currently waiting for the 300SD to be released

Call Mike Merve at aac, he is there tech and he told me that as long as the barrel was at least 24 inches that it WOULD NOT void my warranty, and about a half inch of the barrel is all that needs to be threaded for an aac blackout flashider no need to turn down any more of your barrel than that

anyone know of a shop that is taking pre-orders on AAC 300SD cans? and what the turn around time is gonna be on them?

It will be a while.

If you order a 300 SD can, just be prepared to wait for months between AAC and the ATF... let alone add your dealer delays into the mix
smile.gif

It will be worth it in my opinion
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Quicksilver cans are really quiet - but they should be because they're frickin' HUGE! He uses the same tube diameter for .50BMG, .338LM, and .300WM! If you used a tube diameter the same size as the muffler on your Jeep, it should be quiet!</div></div>
For real. And they're $2000. And their .300 can on a .308 was not much quieter than an AAC Cyclone. It is like 2"x12" and weighs 3lbs. I'd rather wait for an AAC 300SD - will probably be just as quiet and weighs like 13oz with less size, and half the cost.

I have 2 YHM and shoot one on my 300WM I have no complaints but haven't tried any others.

Is there anywhere that has a DB chart of all of the suppressor companies to see what the difference is in DB's compared to $$$$

I've been shooting a 30P-1 on a 300WM and a 300WSM over the last month or so with some friends. It sounds great and helps with recoil a bunch. I'm loving it on the 300WSM. We are pushing a 190 SMK at 3050. It's pretty sweet

If you have the money and can stand the size the quicksilver is the best .300mag can. I think the CheyTac people endorsing Quicksilver says a lot about the quality of the products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been shooting a 30P-1 on a 300WM and a 300WSM over the last month or so with some friends. It sounds great and helps with recoil a bunch. I'm loving it on the 300WSM. We are pushing a 190 SMK at 3050. It's pretty sweet</div></div>

who makes that can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick Sand. from Gemtech.</div></div>

i didn't see any info on the quicksand on their site. where could i get specs and such? when you click on sandstorm and quicksand, it just links you to info on the sandstorm.

can you buy the AAC 300SD blackout breaks yet? are they any different from the other already out blackout breaks?

So I got the old-style 18t brake that is not on the AAC site anymore for $100. It was used but looked new to me.

I put it on the 700P in .300WM and WOW!!! The .300WM sounds just like the .308 bolt gun with the 2009 model 762-SD on it.

The POI shift is the same as on the .308 bolt gun and is repeatable - about 2" low at 100 and 200 yards (only distances I have tried).

I love it on the magnum!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put it on the 700P in .300WM and WOW!!! The .300WM sounds just like the .308 bolt gun with the 2009 model 762-SD on it.

I love it on the magnum! </div></div>

You're running a 7.62SD on the 300WM?

Whats your barrel length? How many rounds do you have down it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I got the old-style 18t brake that is not on the AAC site anymore for $100. It was used but looked new to me.

I put it on the 700P in .300WM and WOW!!! The .300WM sounds just like the .308 bolt gun with the 2009 model 762-SD on it.

The POI shift is the same as on the .308 bolt gun and is repeatable - about 2" low at 100 and 200 yards (only distances I have tried).

Your blast baffle wont last to long....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I got the old-style 18t brake that is not on the AAC site anymore for $100. It was used but looked new to me.

Your blast baffle wont last to long.... </div></div>

Why? I use an old AWC Sprectrum 90 7.62 can on my 7mm rem mag. . My sandstorm is supposed to be rated for 300WM also.

I was told that my AAC 762-SD or my AAC cyclone, neither were rated for 300 winchester. So I ordered a SWR Omega 300 a year ago. It has never came in to my dealer yet. So last January I bought the Gemtech Sandstorm. I love it. Very light weight, does a good job on my 300 win. Not as quiet as either my 762-sd or cyclone on a 308 rifle but Still good to go. Cost alot less than the Shark cans. I have also shot Shark can on a 300 win. Great can, in my opinion better than the Gemtech. I shot them last year side by side a suppressor shoot outside of Longview Tx. Either one is a good choice. For 308 or smaller, AAC hands down. But they are alot heavier.

Metered my SWR Omega 300 on a 18" 10FP using 308 ammo, it metered @ 139db.....I forget the NSR b/c I haven't crunched the numbers, but I'll release the full review shortly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Metered my SWR Omega 300 on a 18" 10FP using 308 ammo, it metered @ 139db.....I forget the NSR b/c I haven't crunched the numbers, but I'll release the full review shortly. </div></div>

What meter was that with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Metered my SWR Omega 300 on a 18" 10FP using 308 ammo, it metered @ 139db.....I forget the NSR b/c I haven't crunched the numbers, but I'll release the full review shortly. </div></div>

How was the POI shift and repeatability in your groupings?
I've got one in the transfer process. It arrived at my dealer this week. I'm looking forward to your report.

No experience w/ that particular AAC can; so I can't comment, but the Surefire works great.

Mike Mers told me on the phone that my Scar-H SD was rated for .300WM - NOT my .300RUM, but GTG with WM. Don't know if that helps as they are not available, but perhaps if the Scar-H is GTG, others are as well?

Yeah, I called the dude at AAC and asked him about it. He said the 762SD would be fine on my 700P .300WM with 26" barrel. He said they had problems with .300WM rifles with short barrels through 762SD, but as long as the barrel was 24"+, I was good to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hkfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Metered my SWR Omega 300 on a 18" 10FP using 308 ammo, it metered @ 139db.....I forget the NSR b/c I haven't crunched the numbers, but I'll release the full review shortly. </div></div>

How was the POI shift and repeatability in your groupings?
I've got one in the transfer process. It arrived at my dealer this week. I'm looking forward to your report. </div></div>

Not bad, IIRC a 1" left and 1" down.

Repeatable everytime.

As to the Meter.

B&K 2209 with 4136 mic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: colt933</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the SRT guy is kind of a nut (I have a couple of good stories about him) but makes a pretty nice can, etc.

</div></div>
I only just noticed this post and I can tell you first hand, this is misleading at best! Doug is good people and absolutely the best guy in the business to deal with. His stuff is as good as anything else out there too. and yes, before anyone asks, I have 3 of his cans alongside my 2 AWCs, 3 AACs, and 1 Omega300. Given weight, performance, and price... I'll take SRT every time.