• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 34mm rings?

cjherrman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2003
Basehor, KS
I have had numerous Badger rings but might go a different route. How do Seekins, TPS, compare? Any others I should be looking at?

I currently have Seekins and have used TPS in the past. Both function fine with ZERO issues from either manufacture.

Seekins is top notch, AADLAND also makes a great product, both Seekins and AADLAND are aluminum and minimal weight. I have used TPS rings in the past, they are a less expensive alternative if you want steel rings, they have had a bad rep here due to quality control but they seem to have that under control and all the TPS rings I have purchased (1" through 34mm) were all great.

Kirk R

Seekins are excellent. Have my S&Bs in them and they perform as they should. Been using them for years. An excellent option if you are going away from Badgers, which I have also used and are also excellent.

I just got my American Precision Arms rings and I'm loving them. I put my lapping bar in them and saw that the rings didn't need it after a few strokes. I've never seen rings that spot on before. Give them a look.

I've used Seekins, Badger, and TPS. Only rings I've ever had issues with said TPS on them. I've recently started replacing my badger rings with Seekins for the slight weight savings.

~Brett

I had TPS rings on my old cheaper scope, and had no complaints with them at all.

I'm currently running a Spuhr unimount on my S&B, and like it a lot so far. It's nice to have the built in cant level, and the thing seems damn solid any way you slice it.

You forgot to mention SPUHR!!

Not even remotely the same price range. That's like jumping from Vortex to Schmidt & Bender, lol

+1 for Seekins. I believe Glen also manufactures the rings for Vortex as well.

Very happy with the Talleys
Talley-30mm-tactical.jpg

Kahles-312.jpg

The smooth lines of Seekins and no large nut to catch on this is nice. Also only one size torx attachment used for both ring caps and ring to base screws.
photo28_zps2f20ae95.jpg

photo27_zps2cb1686b.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Most of my 34mm are Badger M40A3 USMC pattern (very solid set of rings).

I also have rifles with Near 34mm, USO 34mm, and Seekins 34mm.

Any of these should work very well.

I run both Badger and Seekins. Both are top notch and will do their job perfectly. One thing I like about the Seekins is the lack of the 1/2 inch nut.

We sell

NF
Badger
SPUHR..

Have you seen the Badger 6 screw rings in alloy? Bit different than the old steel 4 screw rings... Can't go wrong with NF for the price IMO.. and SPUHRS are expensive, but they are modular, and have some nice features built in.

That being said, the seekings stuff coming out seems pretty good. I just got a rail & rings i plan to put on a new build and test out. Can't speak to them yet though..

Jm@mhsa

LOWER rings?

Not looking for BEST, but lower.

Forgive me for hijacking this thread, but I currently have a set of Ken Farrell 34mm standard aluminum black rings, with center to base height of 1.070". Scope sits a little high for me.

I'd like to DROP that height to a minimum of 0.750". Anyone KNOW of a company that makes lower rings? I've been all over the web, a month or more ago before I saw this thread, and I'm at a loss here, would appreciate the help.

This to get a better cheek weld, remove some of the stacked foam from my buttstock pad, keep from having to buy another stock with an adjustable comb.

It'll make a difference.

Scope's a S&B 5-25 56mm PM II with a Gen2 XR reticle. Sits on a Ken Farrell 30 MOA base.

Gun: Rem 700 5R in 300 Win Mag. I modified the stock some, used HK black duracoat on all the metal, put a Badger DBM and sorbothane buttpad on it, and about 2.5# of lead shot in the butt to balance the gun (with an SAS Vengeance Ti can) on the forward action screw. Shot with some success out to 1275 yards but it's hard to get a solid cheek weld on the gun and I'm aiming for a mile.

Thanks in advance for the help.

null_zps7418adea.jpg

null_zps94ae5618.jpg

null_zps89778e4c.jpg

Normbal unless i am mistaken, the lowest 34mm rings are the APA low at .856".

Seekins come in at .92" for their lows. I use them as well as the Near Alpha Mount on my rifles.

You forgot to mention SPUHR!!

I run Spuhr 34mm on both of my AI's. They are built like a brick shithouse, but excessively heavy. Also, don't expect to run any tube-mounted equipment (ADI, bubble-level) as they eat a vast amount of tube real-estate. Granted they do have a built-in level that is functional, I miss my Flatline tube levels.

There is also a Spuhr official adapter plate that will allow you to attach an ADI directly to the mount.

IMG_0297.jpg

I always use Murphy Precision for my 34mm rings. I buy his titanium rings. Unlike the above, I use Murphy when I want rings that are exactly some custom height not available off the shelf. He doesn't charge extra for custom heights.

I like having my scopes fitted exactly.

you may know this, but Ken Farrel has a low profile base. You may already be using a low profile base.

I've used Badger's and Seekins now with no issues. I'll never own another set of TPS rings. I followed their torque specs and instructions and the scope slipped under recoil. Then I got treated like shit by customer support and told that I didn't know how to operate a torque wrench. My torque wrenching skills have never been an issue when using Seekins or Badger rings.

Friends don't let friends shoot TPS.

I haven't seen the American rifle co rings before very interesting!

American Rifle Company are the best rings I have ever used.....and Ive pretty much used them all.

Elegantly simple, great design.....never leave even the faintest ring marks and the single screw design makes so much sense once you use them.....you wonder why know one thought of it before.

Regular rings seem seem caveman after using ARC rings.

Seekins aren't that low.

Looks like American Rifle Co. is about as low as I'll get. Next possibility is having the RAIL shaved down about 0.2".

Still considering a McMillan stock too. I'll keep my eyes open for used.

Thanks for the suggestions and support guys.

I guess you missed my post above...APA low are .856".

I have an S&B currently sitting in Badger and a Bushnell XRS in Seekins rings. When the rifle gets back from the shop the Badger rings are getting replaced with Seekins as I will need to have taller rings with the EFR installed. I like the fact that there is no large nut/knob/bolt sticking off the side of the Seekins rings. I have the torque bit for the Seekins rings witting in the pouch for my Borka.