• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 34mm rings?

gingerking5566

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2017
Just upgraded my scope to a nightforce atacr. Needing some new rings and looking for suggestions. Looking at Hawkins precision/nightforce.
Any other options I need to look at.
Will be mounted on a 264 win mag and eventually a 7x300 win mag

Seekins, Nightforce, Badger, ARC, SPUHR, etc...... there's lots of good ones and they all do the job. Seekins is probably the most bang for your buck.

I've had good luck with Seekins as well. I'm gonna check out the Talley Tactical 6 screw for my next build though because they come in FDE . They've got them listed on SWFA's web site. Any body know about them?

I've been using Nightforce Ultralite rings with no issues

If you can get the right eye relief with it the Spuhr is really nice too

I don't think there is a "best" set of scope rings any more than there is a best scope. Lots of really nice ones out there; choose any of the top tier rings mentioned and you will be happy. I use Nightforce Ultralight and Badger.

American Rifle Company...
Scopes mounted in these rings and on rifles not well treated, not even a shiny spot left on the scope tube

Seekins / Vortex PMR's work great, I have several sets, & like them a lot!!!!!

I have had very good success out of Badger rings and mounts. I am currently using a 20 Moa 34mm mount on my Desert Tech.

Do the people running the ARC rings have any issues similar to those with vertical split rings?

That's the beauty of the ARC rings, the bottom is solidly clamped to the rail and the "caps" hinge around that so when you tighten that top bolt it just presses the scope straight down in to the bottom of the ring. Nothing wants to rotate the scope tube and you can swap scopes without removing the rings from the rail, unlike vertical split rings where everything has to come apart.

The ARCs are very nice. They look a little goofy until you start understanding the design elements, then it all becomes clear.

Reactions: BigTex
American Rifle Company...
Scopes mounted in these rings and on rifles not well treated, not even a shiny spot left on the scope tube
SO you are saying ARC rings will ruin your scope finish?

"American Rifle Company...
Scopes mounted in these rings and on rifles not well treated, not even a shiny spot left on the scope tube"

SO you are saying ARC rings will ruin your scope finish?

I understand the statement to say that the rings do not even leave a shiny spot on the scope tube, even after the entire rig has not been treated well.

Myself, I have standardized on Spuhr one piece mounts. I'll never use individual rings again. One piece mounts (Spuhr and others) eliminate misalignment that is possible with using individual rings.

Reactions: DEWD_STUFF
I go with Vortex with my new Kahles, i dont have money to buy two Spuhr, even that they are maybe the best one mount there is , but they are also a bit pricey.
Vortex precision rings that i have used on my 30mm scopes, i have found none of complaining, so i think they will work just fine with Kahles too.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
My first choice are ARCs. Then Seekins. Then NF UL if you are counting ounces. Spurs may be great but I don’t care for the multitude of chincy screws they come with.

first choice = nightforce rings for a nightforce scope; though I have a pair of ARC 34mm I like/recommend (and I just got a smoking deal on some Talley 34mm high rings that are pretty nice)

I’ve used nightforce ultralight rings and they worked, I’m using seekins now and they work. I have a pair of EGW tactical rings just waiting to be used, so I can’t really comment on how the are ( I expect they will “work”), but I can say that the finish on them blows the seekins and nightforce out of the water IMHO.

I’ll have to say that I like the seekins for the fact that they have the recoil lug machined into the bottom (not a part of the cross bolt) and that they use torx screws for the clamp AND the caps, so you don’t have to carry different wrench around just for the clamp bolt.

Vortex ( Seekings) mounted yesterday.
Really like the quality of these rings.
ZXMn3M1.jpg

That dam paint job again, I'm seeing it everywhere! It's making me want to paint all my stuff!

Reactions: viking78
As others have said, the ARC. I have Seekins, night Force, and Vortex on other rifles but the ARC are the cats meow.

Any love for Geissele mounts here? I picked one up this last sale to try on my gas gun.