• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best 34mm scope rings

I personally think the ARC M10 are the best designed rings out there.

Super user friendly - only one bolt/screw per ring for mounting the scope. Love this feature, as traditional rings with more screws are a pain in the ass to level and mount scopes with. Very clever design with the clamshell.

Never had any issues with them, and use them on my rifles from 6mm to .300NM.

However, if you need the ability to mount NV, LRF or something else to your rings, you won't be able to do it with the M10.

Pretty much any of them. Even the cheapies hold a scope in place. My buddie uses the cheap Chinese vortex rings. Less than $40 a pair. Never has a problem. I am not necessarily recommending these.

I buy whatever set pops up used in the marketplace for a good price brand be damn.

I'm currently running Seekins and Spuhr rings with zero complaints.

Been thinking about getting a pair of ARC M10s. Seem like a lot of guys are using them with great success.

Pretty much any of them. Even the cheapies hold a scope in place. My buddie uses the cheap Chinese vortex rings. Less than $40 a pair. Never has a problem. I am not necessarily recommending these.

I buy whatever set pops up used in the marketplace for a good price brand be damn.
You know ive never had a ring fail

Ive shot all my life and I can honestly say ive never had problems with any ring coming lose

I'm partial to the MDT rings and Unimount but I also run Leupold rings and have used Badgers as well. All have been solid.

I use ARC M-10,Badger Ordnance,and Seekins and like them all.

Spuhr for strength and mounting options of Red Dot etc.
Murphy Precision Titanium for light weight/strength and simplicity.

Spuhr rings and mounts. I am also quite fond of the Geiselle Super Precision mounts. I have 3 different scopes in Geiselle and they are rock solid. The RTZ of both Spuhr and Geiselle are fantastic if you ever need to remove and remount.

Steiner T-Series Riflescope Rings ( maybe is not the best But I like this ring )

Reactions: VegasHKShooter
ARC for Rings, spuhr for 1 piece mount. I use rings on lighter hunting rifles or where the rail doesnt allow a spuhr (anschutz 22 rail). Spuhr on comp rifles or very heavy calibers (big .30's and up)

will the seekin rings 34mm at .92 height work with a 34mm tube and 50mm bell with a 20 moa rail? Rem 700

I don't know. You'll have to do the measurements yourself. Depends on your barrel profile I suppose. I use their 1" rings with my scope which has a 56mm bell and a 20moa rail with a thick M24 barrel profile.

Reactions: Winchester59
will the seekin rings 34mm at .92 height work with a 34mm tube and 50mm bell with a 20 moa rail? Rem 700

Yes they will work fine. I use them on a 50mm Razor II 3-18x on a 20 moa base.

+1 for ARCs, i like mine. I initially had an issue with the clamp pins walking, but i re-tq'd and 550 rounds later is no issue.

I have the Seekins rings on a couple of scopes.They are very good rings and not overpriced.

Reactions: Winchester59
of current product on the market
SPUHR without a doubt
no ring marks on scope
fit and finish second to none
integrated level (please dont start that fight again)
ability to attach all types of mounts
build like a tank, never had a scope spin
very repeatable when removing and installing

edited because i refuse to proof read before i send...again

Last edited:
I don't know. You'll have to do the measurements yourself. Depends on your barrel profile I suppose. I use their 1" rings with my scope which has a 56mm bell and a 20moa rail with a thick M24 barrel profile.
Thank you

As long as you lap them I suppose.

However, if you remove individual scope rings and put them back on, they will probably require lapping again though.

I generally prefer a one piece unit because I think they provide a better assurance of the holes for the scope remaining in perfect alignment no matter how many times it is removed and mounted again..

As long as you lap them I suppose.

However, if you remove individual scope rings and put them back on, they will probably require lapping again though.

I generally prefer a one piece unit because I think they provide a better assurance of the holes for the scope remaining in perfect alignment no matter how many times it is removed and mounted again..
Never had a 1 peice mount but im just over a year really shooting long range targets still learning always hunted and shot 800 yards for practice

There should be no need to lap a quality set of rings today. Lapping is an older technique when machining was not as good. If the base is properly installed on the action then any of the quality rings made today will not need lapping. A lot of ring makers say not to lap them also. Haven't lapped a ring in over 20 years and never an issue mounting many scopes to many rifles.

There should be no need to lap a quality set of rings today. Lapping is an older technique when machining was not as good. If the base is properly installed on the action then any of the quality rings made today will not need lapping. A lot of ring makers say not to lap them also. Haven't lapped a ring in over 20 years and never an issue mounting many scopes to many rifles.

You do not "have to" lap any rings... no matter how cheap or expensive... it's just a question of how much of a perfectionist you are.

And no matter how much you pay and how perfectly machined the individual rings are, they will not necessarily align perfectly once screwed to the pic rail.

Crank one screw just a hair more than the other (too fine for a torque wrench to detect) and that will cause the center line to shift a bit. That's just a simple mechanical fact.

Now having said that, I would certainly expect that better rings would require considerably less lapping than cheap rings and it certainly wont hurt the rings if you do lap... regardless of what the "ring maker" may say.

And I would caution anyone against assuming rings will mount straight because you paid $300-$400 for the pair when you are about to hang a $3000 to $4000 scope on that assumption.

5 minutes with a lapping rod is just time well spent and cheap insurance. Besides, you'll see how perfect your rings are lining up from the very first stroke with a lapping rod. My guess is that you'll be surprised at how much elbow grease is required to hit 100 percent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walt K
I would caution anyone into assuming 5 minutes with a lapping rod will help more than harm. Your assumptions and mechanical "facts" do not show up in the real world when mounting scopes. Lap if you like but making sure the scope base is mounted correctly and bedded if necessary will do more to keep that scope in good shape then changing the size of the scope rings you are mounting it to.

This

99% of threads that ask what is the "best" X are stupid. One exception: muzzle brakes. 100% of the threads asking which one is the best are stupid because there is zero objective evidence one is better than any others.

Reactions: stilesg57 and N-C