• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best $400 dollar scope Cabellas Covenant 7 small review.

Mine is dong just fine and tracking just fine. I have it on a 17 hMR. I have probably 1300 rounds and a summer and a half of ground hog shooting. I just gave it to my brother and he is putting it on his 6.5 grendel.

Reactions: 300Rumslayer
Slight necrothread, but just to update, Cabelas customer service has confirmed with me that they will only honor a 60 day return policy, regardless of what the box says if the scope was purchased after 2018. So while you might get a nice store manager to replace it, the more time passes and the more stores get used to only doing 60 day warranties the less likely that is to happen. I'm still in the 60 day window and will be returning mine.

"Thank you for contacting Cabela's. Your business is truly appreciated. We did look into this for you and It does have a warranty on it for 60 days with proof of purchase. Unfortunately the lifetime warranty is not available to scopes purchased after 2018. The lifetime warranty did not cover wear and tear. Please let us know if you have any other questions."

Also be very careful with mount torque on these, my NF unimount recommends 25in/lbs and by the time I hit 18in/lbs you could feel it start to bind the parallax adjustment, I had to back them down to 15 in/lbs for it to be smooth. Way under what NF recommends, tubes must be super soft/thin. I even double checked my torque wrench against two others to see if it was way off (Vortex, Fix-it, Borka), seemed fine.

Last edited: