• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best 6.5 Creedmoor Brass (For the Money)?

I would not hesitate to buy starline if I could find it. I’ve had great results with it. Just remember the hotter the load the lower the brass life.

It’s on the ground for a reason
Yeah because someone didn’t pick it up.

Being on the ground doesn’t mean it’s trash.

But you know spend money if it makes you feel better. I’ll shoot my range pick ups, especially when I watched them go from a brand new box into a rifle directly on the ground and abandoned.

U do u boo.

Reactions: Dead Eye Dick
I have been using starline (large rifle primer) in my 6.5 Creedmoor since last summer. Starline seems to have less case capacity than the Hornady and reached max pressure sooner. So keep that in mind when picking a starting point. I am on 3 firings with starline and so far so good. I believe I was getting some loose pockets with Hornady at 3-4 firings with a similar velocity load.

Did some load testing.
Lapua small primer pocket brass hold better pressure than large.
Shot 136gr Scenar-L with VVN160 from my 21" Krieger.
Primers flew from couple of case and damaged my Tikka ejector.
Had to remove these and strip the ammo.
This load works fine with the small primer pocket brass.
Accuracy was phenomenal and speed, but harmfull for the gun as used with large primer pocket brass.
6.5cm136gr.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Near miss
Did some load testing.
Lapua small primer pocket brass hold better pressure than large.
Shot 136gr Scenar-L with VVN160 from my 21" Krieger.
Primers flew from couple of case and damaged my Tikka ejector.
Had to remove these and strip the ammo.
This load works fine with the small primer pocket brass.
Accuracy was phenomenal and speed, but harmfull for the gun as used with large primer pocket brass.
View attachment 8192620
Wait....do I correctly understand you used SRP in LRP brass? Yikes!

That's what I'm getting out of the question too.

My answer would be once fired range pickup Hornady brass.
All it costs is my time to pick it up, clean it and load them up.

I'll shoot it side by side with my Lapua brass and get the same accuracy.

Yes, it gets used to shoot out to 1200yds all the time.

Love the price.
This!

But it’s even better if you weight sort after full prep

Used Hornady in my RPR and Starline SRP and Lapua in my MPA. Since I don’t run max loads I get pretty good brass life in the MPA even though I have to full length resize to get it to fit in the MPA chamber. After multiple reloadings with Hornady in the RPR, I started to get head separations so I discarded all of my original Hornady brass. (Most of which I have been using for at least 5 years or more.). I used the different sized primers to keep the brass for the two different rifles separate.

As far as my LRP brass (Hornady) for the RPR, I used a combination of range pickup and new brass I purchased. A lot of Hornady, Federal and other brands are easily found (though not as much as pre-covid days) and after collecting I gave away everything but the Hornady. Good luck finding quantities of Lapua, Peterson or Starline brass. A handloading prospect that is cherished by the folks who shoot that brass. (Especially in these days and times)