• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best all around carbon tri pod for hunting

onpoint

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Michigan
Guys not sure where to post but wanting to get some opinions on what you think is best overall value for hunting. I will be shooting out to say 600 yds sometimes in the field and sometime in blind. Arca vs saddle mount. I would like to not spend the $1200 for RRS. Thanks in advance.

I hate to tell you this but I went with the Really Right Stuff carbon tripod. I hated spending that amount of money. But it's worth every penny and use it all the time. Best purchase I use for hunting. I use it at the Range, Hunting everything even as a jungle gym. Buy once cry once

I'd go Anvil! I've added arca mounts to several rifles now. Stable and quick to deploy. Mount spotter to it, mount a rifle, range finder. Worth the money, you'll get your use out of it.

Last edited:
Probably not what you want to hear but I just ordered a TFCT-34L with an Anvil-30 head for my hunting tripod setup.

Probably not what you want to hear either but I have a TFCT-33 w/ Anvil 30. I know you said you don't want spend that much but I said the same thing. I bought 2 tripods before I got this one and it would have cost me less if I had just bought the RRS in the first place.

anybody used the inorel rt90c? basically what the two vets no name tripod is right? been thinking about buying one just for coyote calling

anybody used the inorel rt90c? basically what the two vets no name tripod is right? been thinking about buying one just for coyote calling
For comps yes, it’s ok. The factory base is notchy and gritty. Replaced it with a RRS one and it works decent. For hunting it’s just too big and heavy.

Ive gone to a smaller 32mm tripod and a very small 4”x4” homemade tac table. For comps a gamechanger on it. For hunting I put a Milk Toast bag on it.

Love it compared to clamping into arca.

Reactions: BiggBeans

I've got the rt80c it's not a bad tripod. Little heavy but most of my hunting is maybe 100 yard walk from atv or truck to blind

I have the Ascend for hunting and 33 for comps. I go back and forth between the anvil and head on the Ascend. Glassing with the anvil kinda sucks.

I played around with a bunch of Gitzo and Sirui tripods before the RRS. The Sirui gives a lot of bang for the buck and has some real lightweight options.

As a followup, my TFCT-34L arrived yesterday. With the Anvil it's 5.5lbs so not light but I'm not doing huge backpack expedition hunts anyway so it suits me just fine. It's rock solid and I don't think I'll hate glassing with the Anvil as much as I thought I would.

I went with a two vets no name and a RRS leveling head. Got the head waiting on the two vet

Guys not sure where to post but wanting to get some opinions on what you think is best overall value for hunting. I will be shooting out to say 600 yds sometimes in the field and sometime in blind. Arca vs saddle mount. I would like to not spend the $1200 for RRS. Thanks in advance.

I didn’t want to either. It’s a tough pill to swallow it’s a painful purchase, until you get it in hand and then your wonder WTH it took your so long to do it and how you’ve managed for as long as you have without it. The money you spent won’t even be a blip on your radar at that point. It’s a game changer piece of kit and wish I would have had this back in the late 90’d early 2000’s while I was still in. SMH….

ive coughed up big money on a a few things but to this day the single best most versatile piece of kit Ive purchased has been my RRS TVC-24 and Anvil 30.

my Zeiss Victory 10x42 RF Binos comes in a 2nd and not a close 2nd either .

I went with the TVC-24 (bit smaller leg diameter than the 33’s) dto the weight savings for hunting. That said, I’ve had my 26lb comp gun clipped into it and it’s stupid stable, and then you also have a great tripod for glassing as well.

It also makes it really easy to snap in, get used to different positions right there in your living room. Helped me a lot working with my daughter on her positional as well.

Point: save pennies, sell what you have to, and get you ur hands on that RRS. You’ll love it.

7AF0BAC8-BEA8-4386-8068-1B7C4CEFB4E7.jpeg

5712C91B-B797-42F2-A367-C291D1A76325.jpeg

4F877E62-9ED7-425B-AA88-C003B5DACA81.jpeg

C57EFA80-85AB-40E5-BDAE-E9454C01B64B.jpeg

Last edited:

I’m still liking this one:

John

Cheap
Light
Stable

Pick 2. I’ll echo what everyone else has said about RRS. My 34 + Anvil is one of the best investments I ever made. I bet you have a few things you could sell. Promise it’ll be worth it.

If you can’t go expensive and light, go cheap and light, and forget all about clamping your rifle in. Tac table + bag is a much better choice.

Reactions: HogsLife
Cheap
Light
Stable

Pick 2. I’ll echo what everyone else has said about RRS. My 34 + Anvil is one of the best investments I ever made. I bet you have a few things you could sell. Promise it’ll be worth it.

If you can’t go expensive and light, go cheap and light, and forget all about clamping your rifle in. Tac table + bag is a much better choice.
For hunting?

I have the Manfrotto MT294C3. I was hard pressed to allow myself to pay the $250 for a carbon fiber tripod. Now I wonder how I ever glassed before! Pretty light, but amazingly steady. Going from a $40 aluminum camera tripod to this is amazing.

I love it. I have not used the RRS tripods so have nothing to compare it to. I am shooting my rimx on it and have been impressed. I am going to get a noname JR with anvil 30 for just box blind hunting next.

Reactions: WB300
If someone has a no Name JR they want to sell PM me. I want to put a Anvil 30 ballhead on one for blind hunting. If you have one setup like this I would be interested on buying whole setup.

I would still buy a No Name JR with anvil 30 if someone has one they want to move. Thanks Del