• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Ammo Binder (6.5CM/308 Size)?

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Like it says, what say the Hide regarding the best ammo binder(s) available today? Got a few field matches coming up later this month, and I'm tired of lugging blue Lapua boxes around in a pack

Reactions: rottenruger
    I have a Walsh made by Walsh for my Valk. I really like it, but it’s too big for me. My pack works better with ammo boxes. I had one for 308/6.5 though when I shot those calibers and really liked it.

@softcock

Seriously. Nothing better.
    This is absolutely the answer. Way better than anything else out there. I have a few and I use the big case with the 3 wallets in it the most. His stuff is absolutely awesome. I sprayed mine down thoroughly with waterproofing spray too (silicone spray) and that has worked well.

@softcock changes a soft material, canvas, into o having the appearance of being a hard structured construct.

Amazed at the perpendicular angles, corners and how absolutely "square" his products look.

I have a couple of his binders and every detail is fantastic.

Well crafted stuff it's pride to own.

I have this one
    For forty bucks and one day shipping it does exactly what I want it to do.
    I really like the clear zippered pouch to put the load data in

Reactions: Alienta
    For my two day matches I bring a Cole-TAC Ammo Novel and a Armageddon Gear 40/40. No more bulky boxes for me.

I just got the stainless tumbling media binder myself. For the price I am happy but do question its long term durability. Guess time will tell.

The ones linked above from softcock ( thank you to who ever linked it, wasn't about to Google it) look sweet.

Reactions: Philys21
    I really like the ones we make. 120 rounds in a very compact package.

We use a laminate material made by Blue Force Gear (UltraComp) which is non-stretchy and doesn't absorb moisture. I have been running them in competition for years, and they hold up really well...

The "Regular Stack" is .308 and similar cartridges (6.5 CM, 6mm CM 6.5x47 etc)...

I’ll agree with Fred. The bison tactical option is really good too. I just happened to have the @softcock option first and I like the box which I use as a brass dump. For a pure binder, the ammo brick is pretty cool.

Another vote for Tab Gear. The bullet Binders are very well made as I am sure all the other options are. I like having the window to put ammo data in for reference while in the field.

I also have the Cole-Tac Ammo Novel which I use more for bulk ammo transport in lieu of the MTM boxes.

T

Where can you order the softcock binders? I'm afraid to Google it.

Edit: Ah, I see, you have to PM him.

Reactions: deltawiskey

Reactions: Bluedog82
    Another vote for ColeTac's ammo novels. 120 rounds, simple thin package, made in NH.

DAC14D6D-CB7E-434B-B975-69DCF512CE43.jpeg
    I like them both, they’re very similar in quality. I messaged softcock last Thursday and since he had one in stock I had it by Monday.

Like it says, what say the Hide regarding the best ammo binder(s) available today? Got a few field matches coming up later this month, and I'm tired of lugging blue Lapua boxes around in a pack
    Binders? Fancy!!!

I have seen some very nice small like-makeup suitcases for cartridges for Steyr 460 and CheyTacs, big time ammo.

For my 6.5 Creedmoor and 338 Lapua Mag, I just use sized-to-cartridge plastic 50-rounds boxes that everyone sells, they work fine and keep the cartridges apart. Not cushioned, alas, if you like to pamper your ammo!

I save my Lapua boxes for reloading and use the lids for shell trays.

Last edited:
    from the looks of it everyone around here prefers softcock.