• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Angle Cosine Unit ?

signut

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2003
SW Ohio
Looking to buy an angle indicator; what do most of you like/use ??
Will be used with a NXS and a S&B PM11. Thanks>

Re: Best Angle Cosine Unit ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Utahcybercowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am curious about this also. So far I think I am leaning towards this setup: http://www.defensiveedge.net/products/level%20cap/ACI%20ACD%20MOUNT%2013.htm Anyone have any opinions?

</div></div>

Wish they had this for Seekins Rings.Looks like NF only.

I generally just use the "slope doper", but have an observation on the above ACI units for you. The Badger does the math - angle in degrees on one side, cosine of angle on the other side.

Cheers,

Bill

I like the Badger Gen2. I keep a slope doper in my bag but the ACI is much faster. Just read the value and multiply it by your dope for the range.

The Badger does not have angle on one side and cosine on the other. It is cosine value only. I have seen one that has both...Horus I think, and Sniper Tools makes one that is angle and one that is cosine value. The Badgers I have are cosine value only. You don't need the angle anyway if the unit gives you the cosine value.

i use the ACI , the cosine version with the rail mounting attachment,just fits under my PM11

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Badger does not have angle on one side and cosine on the other. It is cosine value only. I have seen one that has both...Horus I think, and Sniper Tools makes one that is angle and one that is cosine value. The Badgers I have are cosine value only. You don't need the angle anyway if the unit gives you the cosine value. </div></div>

I stand corrected - thought it was angle/cosine. It was hard for me to see the numbers on the Triad pictures....

Thanks,

Bill

I rock the sniper tools ACI and use the new Badger ringcap mount, like it much better than the older gen mounts that go on the rail.

correct me if I'm wrong but Badger's ACI IS the Sniper tools one with their own mounts, am I wrong with this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rock the sniper tools ACI and use the new Badger ringcap mount, like it much better than the older gen mounts that go on the rail.

correct me if I'm wrong but Badger's ACI IS the Sniper tools one with their own mounts, am I wrong with this? </div></div>

You could be right....I thought the Sniper Tools was the one I saw that could be ordered angle or cosine value....somebody does their's this way...maybe not Sniper Tools??????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rock the sniper tools ACI and use the new Badger ringcap mount, like it much better than the older gen mounts that go on the rail.

correct me if I'm wrong but Badger's ACI IS the Sniper tools one with their own mounts, am I wrong with this? </div></div>

You could be right....I thought the Sniper Tools was the one I saw that could be ordered angle or cosine value....somebody does their's this way...maybe not Sniper Tools??????</div></div>

i think your right in that you can get either way from sniper tools, I was just under the impression that badger didnt produce their own ACI, just the mount, but reading above got me thinkin they do make their own