• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best anti cant device?

topslop1

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2010
Looking for a great anti cant device. I had used a Bsquare and then that Chinese made POS broke in half about a week later. Should I go scope mounted or rail mounted? Using a 34mm scope and shooting it off of a flat top AR.

Best anti cant device?

The Patriot is the top of the line with micro level adjustments.

The covert stays in the center of the scope vs off to a side.

Personally I use the scout or recon models.

Last edited:
The "best" of anything is relative. I chose the Flatline Ops Covert 34mm & Sniper 30mm models. They mount to your optic and can be fine tuned.

ACCU/Levels | Flatline Ops?

Attachments

• covert_main_closed.jpg
    covert_main_closed.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 454
Reactions: Graye2
I researched this a while back and I found somewhat of a following for the David Tubb levels. They are more of a minimalist design and are only $50 as well. Have not bought one yet, but you might check it out on line.

I like the Accuracy first levels. Really any of them will do for me, however I prefer ones that are fixed in place rather than the foldable ones.

Accuracy 1st. are very compact and rugged. I have 2 and will not hesitate to get another when my 243AI is soon done.

The covert stays in the center of the scope vs off to a side.

Uhh, the Covert flips out to the side in addition to stowing in the center position. It also has micro adjustment screws for both positions (flipped out and stowed). It also has a mounting bracket for their ACI/ADI strong arm mount.

I like the Accuracy First units.

And definitely scope mounted, not rail mounted. This allows you to adjust the level to accurately reflect the cross hairs.

Jesus all these posts make me feel cheap, then again this is the hide, home of $6k+ rifles haha

I just put a order on 2 Vortex mounts from midway. $35. Bit bulkier than the higher end ones but its a dam bubble level. $200 for a scope ring and a gel tube with a bubble? Come on!

I guess if you have the $$ why not.

But I'll be the cheapy and say Vortex! :D

flat line..... also i think us optics has one that is swivels and is rail mounted

Last edited:
Jesus all these posts make me feel cheap, then again this is the hide, home of $6k+ rifles haha

I just put a order on 2 Vortex mounts from midway. $35. Bit bulkier than the higher end ones but its a dam bubble level. $200 for a scope ring and a gel tube with a bubble? Come on!

I guess if you have the $$ why not.

But I'll be the cheapy and say Vortex! :D
Hey almost anything will work, but the OP asked what we thought was the BEST. As you can see many different opinions!

I have a holland And I can't complain It has worked good for me

Accuracy 1st Development Group. Accuracy1stDG.com I have 5 of them kick ass levels !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MK I eyeball.
I couldn't agree more. I know someone will jump in to say how wrong I am, but the best anti-cant device is your natural ability to discern when the reticle is crooked. I have tried to use levels and just find them a distraction and actually create doubt into my process that is more harmful then sending it when it just feels right. As always,.........YMMV!

why would you want scope mounted? am I missing something. if it's rail mounted you mount it then level the rifle and then plumb the scope so every thing is level

I have a Vortex, but it is bulky. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get the accuracy 1st. I'll never buy a variant that has any type of swing or hinge system.

I prefer the scope-mounted models because it's a one time thing. If I move that scope to another rifle, it's still set.

I've been using the Horus Vision ASLI which is a combined level/Cosine indicator. Both tasks, only one "tool". Mounts to rail but can also be attached to scope tube with a single scope ring. About $60 when I bought mine.

How accurate is a bubble level vs the one from Accuracy first with the ball?

USO rail mount (Non-swivel). Easy to see from cheek weld. Simple, no moving parts to wear out.

How accurate is a bubble level vs the one from Accuracy first with the ball?

Haven't used the Accuracy First unit but my Horus Vision "Bubble" is accurate enough to give me sub 1/2 MOA accuracy (or less) at all ranges.

It's all a matter of choice. "Bubble levels" are used on all kinds of precision equipment. As long as it holds up to recoil and abuse why wouldn't it be as accurate.

why would you want scope mounted? am I missing something. if it's rail mounted you mount it then level the rifle and then plumb the scope so every thing is level

I have the basic Hollands. Scope mounted. Tells me my come ups are level to gravity. Mine is foreword and easy to focus on quickly. No need to stare. Best for me.