• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best app for Iphone Ballistics cal ?

BMG50CAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2006
NJ
looking for a good Ballistics program for the 3Gs Iphone ?

I seached but i cant get the search to pull it up just for the Iphone

Re: Best app for Iphone Ballistics cal ?

BulletFlight :
http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/#features
iSnipe:
http://www.isnipe.ca/index.html
I have these 2 and they worth every penny. The BulletFlight (Military version) is being paired with the M110 SWS and iSnipe have a cool range finder (very limited range) built in. You can take a picture with the iPhone then mark the target, input target's height and voila, you have the range. It just a rough estimate but cool nonetheless.

what about for android

I have and use ballistic FTE. I think it's a great program and pretty simple to use.

Thanks guys will be getting the ballistic FTE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about for android </div></div>

search i found a 79 page post for the android phone

Bulletflight or Ballistic FTE seem to be your most widely iPhone ballistic apps.

I myself have Knights Armament Bulletflight, and enjoy using it.

I have all 3 of them, but like others, I generally use Ballistic FTE. I am not a fan of the Bulletflight user interface at all, it just feels like it needs a lot of work.

I use Ballistic Field Tactical Edition (FTE). I have nothing but good experience with it and have had first round hits at 900yds using the program. What's not to like about that?

Will Ballistic FTE run on an iTouch?

I'm only passingly familiar with Apples capabilities. The wife has an iTouch and II think it will run the iPhone apps. I don't use AT&T but I'd like to get a good program that will run on a hand held of some kind w/o having to switch from my BB to a Driod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will Ballistic FTE run on an iTouch? </div></div>Yes, I have it on mine.

+100000000 for Ballistic FTE - works great on my Iphone and I use a Kestrel with it to give it the best data I can

I've got the Ballistic FTE app on my iTouch.....my shooting buddy ordered the Nightforce TDS Nomad hand held ballistic computer for about $1400. I paid $200 for my iTouch plus $20 for the FTE application.

We head out to get dope on his new rifle from 300 yards out to 1000 yards. He uses his & I use mine to get the come ups. At almost every single distance, our data was maybe 1 or 2 "clicks" off from each other.

I kept bragging about my $20 application and how he paid $1400 for his.....he took his & threw it about 20 yards into the field....walked over picked it up & smiled saying, "Gee look at that...it still works..."

Then he asked me, "Hand me your iTouch.....we'll test it too..."
laugh.gif

"Hell NO!!.....I ain't stupid!"
wink.gif

The iTouch is perfect for simply being at the range.....the other device is what I would carry into battle with....

I have both ISNIPE and Ballistic FTE and both work great. I would have to say I probably use ISNIPE more often which at first I never imagined due to its less than serious name (sounds like something created by Apple) and its price compared to the other softwares but it is every bit as accurate. At their price range get one or both and have at it. BTW mgd45, unless your taking your ITOUCH to Iraq I think your still doing a heck of alot better than your buddy with the ridiculously priced ballistic computer, get yourself a Pelican case and take the little lady on a vacation with the money you save (It will go a long way when you want permission for those hunting trips !!)

ballistic fte is much more comprehensive than bulletflight and more accurate too. I have made many long distance shots with this program on the first shot.

I was extremely happy with it last weekend. We did some more shooting from 500 - 900 yards, but this time I was using a new handload of 155 grain Scenar bullets. I had only chrono'd about 5 rounds and had never shot over 100 yards.

After putting in the data in Ballistic FTE, it was never more than 1 MOA off at each distance from my POA at the dead center of a small man target. Actually, it was dead on at 500, 600 and maybe 5 inches high at 700 & 800.....at 900 it was about 9 inches off!

To say I was impressed with the results would be an understatement!

Have BulletFlight and Shooter...Hands down BulletFlight.