• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best AR grip for precision shooting?

uniquesnd

Operator operating operationally
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2013
Mississippi
I have a few grips in my parts drawer that I am thinking of putting on my seekins lower for my 50BMG upper but I cant decide on which one. Do you guys think i would like the angle of the Magpul MOE or the MOE + I have both also have an umbrella corporation grip that is more vertical than both of those rifle will be shot from a bench or prone most of the time . I have noticed that a lot of precision rifle chassis have a near vertical grip why is that?
comparision.jpg

Attachments

• 911397.jpg
    911397.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 79
The Ergo Tactical grips (whether with the palm shelf/rest model or just the ambi palm-swell only model) in the suregrip texture are my choices for many different ARs, including precision rifles because they are somewhat larger in size/girth and fit my bigger mitts better than the grips you listed above (and many others).

Grips...much like stocks...are really a matter of individual/personal preference. Best advice is to just try out as many different ones as you can until you find what fits you/your needs the best. Don't get all hung up on which angle or which texture or which ______ is best because at the end of the day...what is best for others may not work for you at all.

I think it all depends on the individual but I also use Ergo grips on my precision AR builds.

Best AR grip for precision shooting?

I like the Sierra Precision grip but I couldn't get it to properly fit my POF 308 and didn't care for the smooth plastic compared to the Ergo Deluxe grip that I use. If the Sierra was textured, and I could get it to work with my lower, it would be perfect.

If you're reading this and want a Sierra Precision grip, I'll sell you the one I have for $30/shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

e6uzeqy4.jpg

Last edited:
There is no right answer, what fits one guys hand, may not another guys. As grips go, many seem to be for the small handed folks, one size does not fit all. The best way to find what fits your hand is to try as many as you can, until you find the "one". One last thought, as fate always goes, the grip you'll like the most, will also the highest $$$, go figure.

I got a cheap Tapco Saw type grip, didn't really like the feel, so I got some "Quick steel" A-B type putty and moulded it to my hand. No good for lefties or different size hands, but it sure does feel nice. And cheap :)

I personally have always enjoyed the ERGO grips with finger grooves and have had one on the last 3 AR's. That Sierra Precision looks nice with that thumb shelf on the off side. If the plastic is too slick, could you not add texture like they do with stocks? Maybe scuff it up with some sandpaper or a dremel and then use some devcon and a sponge to build up the texture? Just don't make it too sharp.

There is no right answer, what fits one guys hand, may not another guys. As grips go, many seem to be for the small handed folks, one size does not fit all. The best way to find what fits your hand is to try as many as you can, until you find the "one". One last thought, as fate always goes, the grip you'll like the most, will also the highest $$$, go figure.

x2 what pawprint2 said. I happen to like Hogue grips.

this is way too subjective, everyone is different and has different tastes, and hand sizes. I tried the sierra precision but couldnt stand the girth of it on its right side, so i shaved it down and that helped alot but i ended up DX'in it. I've found the Ergo's to be way too thin, though I havent tried the thicker ambi one. Honestly the one my hand likes the best is a first samco G27, or the CAA one which is the basically the same grip made modular

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/11491

Last edited:
I like the umbrella grip. I prefer a more vertical style, seems to help me keep from torquing the grip.

Same here so I sprayed it with plasti-dip. Yatzee!

I like the Sierra Precision grip but I couldn't get it to properly fit my POF 308 and didn't care for the smooth plastic compared to the Ergo Deluxe grip that I use. If the Sierra was textured, and I could get it to work with my lower, it would be perfect.

If you're reading this and want a Sierra Precision grip, I'll sell you the one I have for $30/shipped.

e6uzeqy4.jpg

e6uzeqy4.jpg
I'm about to start modifying mine. I plan to remove the large palmswell on the right side, blend the tang to that of the rifle (I have no idea why they are so poorly matched), and then texture or stipple it...

I´m using the CAA upg16 grip, comes with different palm and fingerpieces so you can customize it to your hand. There is also a palmrest piece avalible

I guess I'm the black sheep because I love LaRue's A-PEG and I hated Sierra Precision's grip.

Went with the umbrella grip it is real comfortable just wished it was rubberized like mt MOE+
7E06DB52-5F60-41E1-BA39-EDAAC8720F60-717-0000004DBBFBEAB2_zpsd0aeb1db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0D380CC0-65A3-45DE-9516-54A950A083C1-717-0000004DD0662971_zps9b1b6a9b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thinking about ditching the harris bipod for the Command arms one especially since i can get it from dvor for 62$ shipped with my credit!

Command arms on the SR25. Magpul on the SunDevil and ergo on the Rock River. I like the CAA the best so far.

My right hand votes for the Sierra Precision:

IMG_0003_60.jpg

In addition to every gas gun I own, I've got the Sierra Precision on my Tubb 2000 bolt gun and even my R&R Saiga shotgun. It's like "power steering". Your hand can manipulate the weapon so much more effectively with less effort.

Me, I get a roll of athletic grip tape at a sports store like Big 5. You know the stuff you can wrap baseball bats or tennis racket grips with and then you can add some shims of your choice to get the profile you want and wrap them into the tape. cheap and works for me.