• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best ballistic calculator currently?

hafejd30

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2019
    MI
    I have StrelokPro but since its ban looking to switch to whatever is the best go to now. My StrelokPro still works but I assume at some point it wont

What’s the “go to” easiest to use currently?

I downloaded the hornady app but seeing what else I should consider. Not shooting prs so a paired system with a kestrel isn’t really needed. Something similar to StrelokPro is what I’m after

Currently I use

Leica 2800
    StrelokPro
    Kestrel 3500

Last edited:
    Reactions: CSTactical
    This is the best currently.

4DoF works fine, I had some glitches with it a while ago but they are allegedly fixed. I found this app pleasant to use and it has a bunch of features no one else offers, I still use the mean radius in there group size analysis often.

I'm not a fan of the AB mobile app, the UI frustrates me.

How far are you shooting?

EDIT: Once you buy a kestrel you'll never look back

This is the best currently.

4DoF works fine, I had some glitches with it a while ago but they are allegedly fixed. I found this app pleasant to use and it has a bunch of features no one else offers, I still use the mean radius in there group size analysis often.

I'm not a fan of the AB mobile app, the UI frustrates me.

How far are you shooting?

EDIT: Once you buy a kestrel you'll never look back
    Out to a mile. Mainly inside 1200 yards

I’m playing with the hornady app right now and got my drop matched up with my StrelokPro fairly easily.

Reactions: Baron23
    ;)
    IMG_6616.jpeg

ColdBore from Patagonia Ballistics, and TRASOL, which runs on Patagonia's proprietary ballistics engine. Excellent out-of-the-box ELR accuracy.

The most accurate system available is Applied Ballistics. Trusted in more devices, law enforcement, and military units around the world than any other system. We also have an entirely new app, with new features coming here in a couple months. I can't say what new tools you guys are getting, but they are going to make life all around much easier.

We are currently working on vastly expanding the rimfire bullet library (Just talked with Eley, Fiochi, and Aguila last week who are sending in their new to come bullets).

We are also getting ready to launch an air rifle modeling system using RADAR data. I am particularly excited to see how Eleys new pellets perform.

The most accurate system available is Applied Ballistics. Trusted in more devices, law enforcement, and military units around the world than any other system. We also have an entirely new app, with new features coming here in a couple months. I can't say what new tools you guys are getting, but they are going to make life all around much easier.

We are currently working on vastly expanding the rimfire bullet library (Just talked with Eley, Fiochi, and Aguila last week who are sending in their new to come bullets).

We are also getting ready to launch an air rifle modeling system using RADAR data. I am particularly excited to see how Eleys new pellets perform.
    New App would be cool. I default to 4DoF if I need to run a quick profile for someone.

Have several ballistics calculators including Kestrels. Still use the Kestrels with AB and provides good solutions but still my most trusted solver is FFS. IIRC FFS and Coldbore use the same ballistic engine. Several years ago we ran a head to head test between Coldbore and FFS at Gunsite. The solutions were nearly identical out to 2200. The downside is Blaine is no longer supporing FFS and the operating system and hardware are obsolete. Cory is working on migrating FFS to smartphones but haven't kept track of how that is going. Hope my Juno and Nomad don't die on me.