• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best bang for the buck

lrgrendel

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
Sanford. FL
Hi Guys

Please push me in the right direction regarding chronographs and rangefinders out to 1000 yds.

Many thanks.

Re: Best bang for the buck

1st thing to remember... 99% of rangefinders that say 1000 WONT to 1000...

so the best for the $$ would be this

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-Elite-1600-Rangefinders-C506.aspx

SWFA is NOT the best price... look to ebay for that...

this model will do out to 1800y easy..

as for crono's, and of the 100$ cornys work just fine... but that magnetospeed for just over 200 is tits...

I started with a chrono cheaper than the Chrony, then got a Chrony, and I now have an Oehler 35P. I won't have to buy another. I think we all try to do it on the cheap the first time around. Save yourself some money and buy a good one to start with. Precision shooting is not a cheap hobby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA is NOT the best price... look to ebay for that...</div></div>

And by paying the <span style="font-style: italic">best </span><span style="text-decoration: underline">retail </span>price at SWFA I don't have to worry about buying knockoff glass.