• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best barrel for Kidd Supergrade

jafa100

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
I have a Kidd Supergrade action on order. This the one for threaded barrels and has a rear tang. I am going to put it in a bench rest stock. Which barrel would be best? Would a Broughton or Benchmark be over kill? Also which reamer would be best?

Re: Best barrel for Kidd Supergrade

Call Kidd back and tell them to thread one of their barrels on..What the heck is the reamer for??? Are you gonna chamber your own barrel??

I have a kidd barrel on my factory ruger receiver and man it is a tack driver.

I am buying a Kidd supergrade receiver. I am going to do my own threading and stock work. Kidd does not sell barrel blanks. I am asking which barrel to use for the utmost accuracy. And which reamer design.

Like others have said, I would have Tony thread a barrel to the receiver but Lilja would be another barrel option.

First off let me say that I don't know your qualifications as a barrel smith, but chasing the perfect chambering for a 22lr has been elusive at best for all but top notch smiths. Kidd uses Lothar Walther blanks and his own version chamber...With a 10/22 you will only chase bolt action accuracy because of the nature of the beast,to tight ,won't function, to loose won't be accurate..So, yes, the barrels you mentioned are overkill. The bullets that you choose will usually determine what your chamber should be...This is not like centerfire, as tolerances of bullets and brass will change fron brand to brand,lot to lot. You are not reloading to match your chamber...you are at the mercy of ammo makers. A partial list of reamers... http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/raayjayy/PTG22lrreamerspecs.jpg Most 10/22 chamberings are a version of the Bentz chamber...I still would just let Kidd thread on one of his...Good Luck!

Thanks for all the info. I have 25 years experience chambering centerfire rifle barrels. I have not had much experience with rimfires. I want to do more of it. Just not sure which barrel would be best to use. Tim North has some 22 rf blanks in stock so I could get one fairly quick. Walther gets $175.00 for a blank. They told me the one they sell Kidd is made specifically for Kidd. Thanks, Keith