• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision best batteries for a D740?

coyotesniper

Minuteman
Jun 24, 2003
Iowa
what would be the best AA batteries for a D740
longest life and hold up in cold temps

Re: best batteries for a D740?

this is twice in three days now that I have agreed with Vic !!

On a regular basis I work in a location that is very hard on batteries for all weather reasons-both hot and cold. We go through batteries damn near as much as ammo.

The Lithium's are by far the best. They far outlast the next closest. Not cheap, but then I do not have to pay directly-uncle Obama does!!

When not in use, for extended periods of time, take them out. Just better that way all the way around

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">this is twice in three days now that I have agreed with Vic !!</span>

On a regular basis I work in a location that is very hard on batteries for all weather reasons-both hot and cold. We go through batteries damn near as much as ammo.

The Lithium's are by far the best. They far outlast the next closest. Not cheap, but then I do not have to pay directly-uncle Obama does!!

When not in use, for extended periods of time, take them out. Just better that way all the way around </div></div>

In regards to a few, you might not want to say that too loud around here.
wink.gif

Agree of course with you as well to always take batts out when not in use for prolonged periods especially in hot trunks of cars! Seems like this year was the year a few too many Swatty types having batts bursts in their NODS...Couple of them were plain ugly sights to behold.

Vic

I also agree with Vic but wanted to expand a little. Alkaline batteries work well (not as good as lithium in cold climates). The problem with alkaline (and other) batteries are when they go dead.

Alkaline batteries build up a gas when they die and rupture the casing causing caustic electrolyte to leak and ruin your electronics.

Lithium batteries have a vent so this does not happen. I have never had a lithium battery leak and have left them dead in things for along time.

Always best to remove batteries for storage but lithium batteries are very cheap insurance to protect high dollar gear. Well worth a few dollars more to protect a 3k plus investment.