• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best batteries to use for trail camera

psharon78

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 9, 2018
Warner Robins, GA
I'm looking at what's the best battery to use for my trail cameras and deer feeders. What have you guys found works the best in the temperature swings?

Rechargeable and a solar panel of the sky is open enough above it.

Depends on batts needed. My first trail cmas took "C" batts and them bastards were toast within two weeks. Decided to solder in some wire leads and used a group 31 battery after that. For my cams that use "AA" I have been using lithiums in duracell or energizer. Depending on settings and temp they will last month or more. Had considered going the rechargeable route but was told they would not fit in the battery cartridge (spypoint lte) in the camera.

If they are aa, the energizer lithium’s are supposed to be great, but I haven’t used them myself.
If your camera or feeder has an external power jack, you can build or buy a battery box to use as an external power supply. That could just be a bigger battery, or it could have solar to recharge the battery.

bil bought one of those solar panel things, seems to be working great, although i think it still has batteries in it.

EBL Ni MH are good rechargables especially with a solar panel.
EBL Lithium rechargables are complete trash - stay away from them.
I'm leey of Duracell Alkalines due to leakage issue, but I have Duracell Optimum batteries in several of my cameras now and I'm pleased so far.
I'll pull the batteries out before the die and start leaking.

If you are not going rechargeable, then the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries are what you should go with.

Those are pretty much the only batteries I use now in anything that I possibly care about.

1702751994630.png

If they are aa, the energizer lithium’s are supposed to be great, but I haven’t used them myself.
I've had them last over a year. However the price it nearly triple what they were a couple years ago and I've stopped using them. I'm probably spending close to the same money, but it doesn't hurt as much or make me as angry.

There’s energizer batteries and then all other brands. Ones great and all others just cost money for shit performance. Cold is hard on any batteries from cr2032 all the way to the one in my tractor.

Reactions: Charlie112