• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns best battle knife?

Re: best battle knife?

Most of those $$$$ knifes are to much money to even use. In my opinion a knife has to be sharp and be able to pry open stuff. If you brake a $60.00 knife no big deal...a $300.00 knife will not be used near enough to warrent it's price.

This is what I have, Made in USA, 1/4 thick, kydex sheath, $60.00

Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion read the reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-Becker-BK2-...ecker+companion
611mI%2BJSQ8L._SL1500_.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: finbox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of those $$$$ knifes are to much money to even use. In my opinion a knife has to be sharp and be able to pry open stuff. If you brake a $60.00 knife no big deal...a $300.00 knife will not be used near enough to warrent it's price.

Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Campanion read the reviews

</div></div>

Hmm.. Simple rugged, good price point, may have to check this out. I dont know if I would call it a battle or fighting knife but it looks like it would make a good multi purpose, no worries, beat the crap out of it knife. How is the grip in the wet/mud/blood? Looks like it could get slippery.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brady625</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 for Daniel Winkler </div></div>

Another thumbs up for Winkler from me.

That BK2 is nice, great for the money. But best battle knife? It's heavy, the handle is cheap/slippery, and the sheath is terrible. All things that can be fixed, but bring the price up quite a bit.

The ESEE 5 has better steel quality and the sheath is excellent, and after you spend the money fixing up the Becker the Esee isn't that much more. Esee has an insane no questions lifetime guarantee too. Knife weight,length, and width is almost identical to the BK2.

IMO the 1/4 inch blade thickness is too much on those two kinves, the weight is a problem. On a budget I would go with a BK7, but again the sheath sucks. The Kabar D2 is surprisingly light and would probably be the best dollar to knife value. Or maybe go esee 6 for the full tang. For a "battle knife" I think you want a little longer than 5 inches.

Realistically I would go with an Esee 3 or 4, more useful except for spitting wood and the weight is negligible. And I would stay the hell out of any knife fights!

I took a hand to hand fighting course, and the teacher could pull your ass through a key hole. Every move I made on him, he would put me in pain in a half a second.

A guy in the class asked when do we learn how to fight a guy with a knife. The instructor said if he was in a situation where a guy pulled a knife on him he would run as fast as he can the other way.

He said he tried to develop techniques with a paint knife ( marks you if you touch it) and said even with a person that's not trained in knife fighting he got cut 8 out 10 times, and if you get in a fight with a guy that knows how to use a knife than forget about it....RUN!

I have a SOG 2000 with a custom sheath and I freaking love it. It stay razor sharp and cut anything I throw at it and can handle the abuse.

Its beyond the $100 tag, but its worth every penny.

If you want a custom blade that won't cost you a fortune check out Ken Brock knives. He website is brockblades.net. He makes a solid knife, is a LEO, and knows his stuff. On top of that he is a nice guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: finbox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most of those $$$$ knifes are to much money to even use. In my opinion a knife has to be sharp and be able to pry open stuff. If you brake a $60.00 knife no big deal...a $300.00 knife will not be used near enough to warrent it's price.

Ka-Bar Becker BK2 Companion read the reviews

</div></div>

Now that right there is a great knife deal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dragbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have laid out more concertina wire then I care to remember. All we ever used were a pair of dikes. Never had a single problem with it.

As to how many knife fights they get into. Your guess is as good as mine. I just know that should whatever that percentage is was to arrise I want to be prepared and well equiped for it.

As to weight that got the Army in Somilia into trouble. This isn't second hand either as I was there. Sucks but it is reality. </div></div>

.....I can't attest to Somalia, but I do know that during DS/DS and that later on during four tours in Iraq that the standard M9/M11s handle everything outside the wire.....no need to drop extra coin on "battle knives" whatever they maybe......but what do I know.....maybe I was a sleep during a class at 1st SOTG and missed something.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: donniedee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looking for ideas for a battle blade im looking for advice on a nice well made thick blade fixed blade knife with a paracord handle any thoughts? or pics thanks </div></div>

.......Strider MTL-SS.......if you are hell bent on cord wrapped........

Get a Buckmaster 184 because you can always beat them to death if you can't cut them, or get a 185 if you looking for a little less weight. still can be found on EBay for 300-600 bucks.

For a battle blade, something you're going to be fighting with, have you considered a hawk? Not a knife, but possible a superior edged fighting weapon?

The new-ish Hogue EX-F01 blades are solid. Made of A2. Sharp, well made, amazing balance. They're kind of expensive (around $200) and they come in a flimsy nylon sheath, which I think is an abomination (great blade/moderately expensive/crappy sheath combo).

My money is with ESEE/Rowan and Ontario RAT blades. Great sheaths (ESSE only, Ontario's sheaths are kinda goofy, but they're solid inexpensive-ish blades), 1095 carbon steel. I can thrash them and not feel too bad about it.

I have the Benchmade Adamas fixed blade (D2, injection molded plastic sheath, paracord handle), which is a nice knife, but some can't get past the serrations on the back and the paracord grip.