• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best binos for $400 need help

Stalpeth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Metropolis, IL
My buddy is wanting to get his dad a new set of binos for Christmas and wants to stay in the $400 range. He has only specified that he would like to stick with 10x50 and plain glass ( no reticle ) but would like some opinions on which ones are best for the money.

Thanks
Phone Man

I've been extremely happy with my new Zeiss Terra 10x42. I compared them with most of what is out there at the $400 price point and they were certainly the best for me. They're not on the same level as the $1000+ Leica, Swarovski, or Zeiss but they are sharp, have good color, and seem fairly robust.

My buddy is wanting to get his dad a new set of binos for Christmas and wants to stay in the $400 range. He has only specified that he would like to stick with 10x50 and plain glass ( no reticle ) but would like some opinions on which ones are best for the money.

Thanks
Phone Man

Good morning & Merry Christmas,
It would be our pleasure to assist you. Please give us a call when you have a free moment to discuss different options and SH opportunities

Thanks
Phone Man
I know you were looking for 50mm lens, but the 10x42 Meopta Meopro would be a nice pair of glass.

Meopta Meopro Binocular Sale Meopta Binoculars

Guys thanks for all the input my buddy ended up going with the Zeiss Terra ED 10x42. Now I think I need a new set of binos for myself.