• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best bipod for a Rem 700 in a AICS?

Re: Best bipod for a Rem 700 in a AICS?

I have a Harris with Pod Claws, it is a very nice bipod. Although I really really want to try a Atlas.

Go full boat

Atlas w/ spigot mount

The spigot moves the bipod further forward and gets things more stabile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go full boat

Atlas w/ spigot mount

The spigot moves the bipod further forward and gets things more stabile. </div></div>

+1

Atlas.....IMO its the best bipod out there.

atlasthepool-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atlas.....IMO its the best bipod out there.

atlasthepool-1.jpg

</div></div>

Deadly

That I'll keep the neighbors kids in their own damn yard, and out of your pool for sure.....
wink.gif

Bob

Unfortunately Atlas has a 2+ month wait.

I prefer Harris. I have shot the ATLAS and really like them but I love my Harris's with pod-loc's for some reason. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I don't think you can go wrong either way. GG&G makes a nice one too.

What is it about the AI model that people don't like?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about the AI model that people don't like? </div></div>

flimsy, expensive, not as good as the Atlas....now if you want legit AI Sniper Rifle that is issued then go with the AI pod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atlas, I have 4. </div></div>

Gee, what a surprise from an Atlas fanboy...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about the AI model that people don't like? </div></div>

flimsy, expensive, not as good as the Atlas....now if you want legit AI Sniper Rifle that is issued then go with the AI pod </div></div>

Well since it's a 700 in a AICS, it's not "legit" anyway. Atlas looks really nice, I just hate waiting for companies to meet their demands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is it about the AI model that people don't like? </div></div>

flimsy, expensive, not as good as the Atlas....now if you want legit AI Sniper Rifle that is issued then go with the AI pod </div></div>

Well since it's a 700 in a AICS, it's not "legit" anyway. Atlas looks really nice, I just hate waiting for companies to meet their demands. </div></div>

The Atlas is by far the greatest bipod out there for the AICS and most stocks out there. Kasey (the owner of Accu-Shot) is by far one of the greatest guys ive had the pleasure of talking to and using his kit. Your wait will definitely be worth it if you choose the Atlas, and if you dont like it you will have absolutely ZERO problems selling it within an hour on here.

Plus you will have the latest generation atlas with the new button on it. The Atlas in my AW does not move on me. I also love the Atlas and find myself using the 45 degree a good bit with bench shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Atlas.....IMO its the best bipod out there.

atlasthepool-1.jpg

</div></div>

Deadly

That I'll keep the neighbors kids in their own damn yard, and out of your pool for sure.....
wink.gif

Bob </div></div>

+1

There are many pools like it, but this one is mine....

I like my Harris but did end up tapping in some set screws to keep the legs from rotating when I loaded it on a hard surface. I am seriously considering an Atlas .....

perspective...

We double our production on the first run of V8's and don't advertise it, but do tell a few select folks and before we get them 3/4ths are sold, many to military units. Quick as we see this trend, we get more parts in the pipeline but the end result is a delay in delivery.

Trust me, we are striving to get the bipod situation where we can make shipment within 2 business days.

Having said that....there are several things in the air that could change that goal pushing civilian sales back further than the current 6-8 week.

Ill say this, you dont see the owner of Harris or AI coming in here and actively listening to members about what they want implemented and how to make something better. Hell Kasey took on the idea of a "tension" device to eliminate the play in the spigot on the AICS chasis, and within a couple days had a prototype ready for T&E.

Roedale or whatever posted a pic of a bipod he is coming out with soon. Looked like a pretty good unit might be a great alternative.

A lot of love for the Atlas here, however, I have never used one, so I can't comment.

I did use an AI today, and I really loved it. Much better than my Harris. I did see what everyone was talking about with it being "floppy," but I didn't find it effecting my shot at all, and it was MUCH easier to load. I might still try an Atlas after all the positive press, I would love to try one before I did it though.

I just got back from the range today and tested a few improvements to my AI bipod: a rubber O-ring around the spigot base to reduce the slop in cant and AI rubber feet.

Holy fuckin shit, what a difference.

I switched from the AI bipod to a Harris a couple of months ago, and I feel that with these new improvements the AI pod blows it out of the water in comparison. With the rubber boots, you can really load the AI bipod extremely well and with the positioning of the bipod there is no jump.

I highly recommend anyone with an AI bipod try out these two simple and cheap mods, it really is a day/night difference.

The Atlas does look very good and it is cheaper than an AI unless you go for the BT10-LW17 and the BT17 spigot. Then it's $350+ for the package. Which is doable if the quality is as described. In fact I would order it right now.

I have one problem though...on the Atlas website it states:

..."Please understand, that ordering an Atlas Bipod, you will be charged at the time you submit your order and be placed in line to receive the unit ordered. We have a constant flow of parts for these bipods but to date have failed to accurately estimate the demand for them. This results in a delay sometimes as long as 4-8 weeks, So please expect a delay."

Add to this that the owner just posted this in this thread: ..."Having said that....there are several things in the air that could change that goal pushing civilian sales back further than the current 6-8 week."

I'm not thrilled about being charged $350 and then having to wait 2 months, or what looks like now to be an indeterminate amount of time for the product.

This is not a custom made product manufactured specifically for my individual needs that they would not be able to sell to another customer. Especially if demand for their products is indeed so high that they are having trouble meeting it.

thefitter, A couple of things,

One, the BT10-NC (No Clamp Atlas Bipod) at 219.95 add the BT19 (AI Spigot) at 69.95 makes for a total of 289.90. This configuration is designed for the AI.

Two, we are not thrilled to charge anyone for anything and not be able to deliver in a reasonable time frame of two business days which is our standard on all other products we manufacturer. And even with all the other products we get surprised by large orders which consume our inventory resulting in un-wanted delays. Growth pains....FWI, we have DOUBLED production numbers twice on the Atlas and are still falling short of meeting demand. We are working to get inventory numbers up across the board to resolve this matter.

Three, my urging readers to order is in no means to build our war chest, but rather to acknowledge and deliver said orders before we change any delivery policy regarding the Atlas Bipods. Please keep in mind that you can order by phone and we will not charge your CC until 48 hours prior to shipping. Or order on-line, selection payment method by check or money order then <span style="font-weight: bold">in the comments section add your contact information as this form does not capture any email or phone number information. </span> Then we'll call for your CC info when we are ready to ship.

Last,the things up in the air, we have no control over but do pray any of they happen.

For those with the Atlas on an AI spigot- what is it you like better about it than the AI bipod? I have used the AI bipod the last couple of days, and would love to try an Atlas after the HUGE amount of positive posts here, but I don't think I'll have the opportunity to.

So what exactly is it about the Atlas that you like better? I like the AI so much that I am about ready to order it, but I wanted to get a few more opinions about the Atlas as I have heard nothing but good about them either!

Thanks,

-BM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thefitter, A couple of things,

One, the BT10-NC (No Clamp Atlas Bipod) at 219.95 add the BT19 (AI Spigot) at 69.95 makes for a total of 289.90. This configuration is designed for the AI.

Two, we are not thrilled to charge anyone for anything and not be able to deliver in a reasonable time frame of two business days which is our standard on all other products we manufacturer. And even with all the other products we get surprised by large orders which consume our inventory resulting in un-wanted delays. Growth pains....FWI, we have DOUBLED production numbers twice on the Atlas and are still falling short of meeting demand. We are working to get inventory numbers up across the board to resolve this matter.

Three, my urging readers to order is in no means to build our war chest, but rather to acknowledge and deliver said orders before we change any delivery policy regarding the Atlas Bipods. Please keep in mind that you can order by phone and we will not charge your CC until 48 hours prior to shipping. Or order on-line, selection payment method by check or money order then in the comments section add your contact information and we'll call for your CC info when we are ready to ship.

Last,the things up in the air, we have no control over but do pray any of they happen. </div></div>

Ok I see I had the wrong bipod...sounds even better now! And giving me the option of paying when you are ready to ship is greatly appreciated, thank you. It's attitudes like this that separates the men from the boys. Keep an eye out for my order.

You know too often I find that some online businesses are run by prima donnas that somehow think their shit does not stink. They have no business skills and seem to forget that online your reputation is everything. In fact I was just dealing with another company that could not handle someone calling them on their bullshit misinformation and criticizing their ridiculous "business practices". They took it as a personal challenge and their fragile ego just could not handle it. So they lost a customer and any recommendation I might give on a dozen forums.

Keep up the excellent customer service and when you get your production issues squared away you will be in high cotton.

Edit: Order placed

bm11, I like the Atlas, but I am biased!
grin.gif

The Parker hale design that AI uses is a classic and very good bipod in fact it is an honored to have the Atlas considered in the same group. I can give the design differences but what you seek are user identified differences which I'll leave to those that have shot off both.

This I do know, Atlas bipods tend to sell fairly well on the used market and i suspect you'd have no trouble selling the AI style either.

thefitter, learned long ago that the consumer has a lot to teach the manufacturer and we don't make anything perfect, just strive towards that goal. And thanks for the order, we'll be in touch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefitter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately Atlas has a 2+ month wait. </div></div>

And the reason being.....they are THAT good.

Get a Atlas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bm11, I like the Atlas, but I am biased!
grin.gif

The Parker hale design that AI uses is a classic and very good bipod in fact it is an honored to have the Atlas considered in the same group. I can give the design differences but what you seek are user identified differences which I'll leave to those that have shot off both.

This I do know, Atlas bipods tend to sell fairly well on the used market and i suspect you'd have no trouble selling the AI style either.

thefitter, learned long ago that the consumer has a lot to teach the manufacturer and we don't make anything perfect, just strive towards that goal. And thanks for the order, we'll be in touch.

</div></div>Kasey, if you know of anyone who has an Atlas in stock with an AI spigot, please send me a PM!

Sorry bm11, I do not know our dealers inventory.