• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Bore Guide

punter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2012
I will preface this post by saying that I have already done a search and read the previous posts on this topic.

That being said, the overwhelming opinion of the members of this board seems to be that Lucas Bore Guides are hands down the most preferred. The only problem is that he is not taking new orders.

With that in mind, what other bore guides (for a bolt action rifle) have you all had good experiences with? ...what (beyond Lucas) do you all feel is the best bore guide available today?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
punter

Re: Best Bore Guide

I'm sure it's not the most popular here on the hide but, my Dewey bore guide + Tipton carbon rod works just fine for me.

I use possum hollow bore guides (even in my custom benchrest rifle).

Lucas Bore guides are the best that I have ever used.

-Kevin

I love my Lucas, but I used a Dewey for years and rifles shot just fine.

It depends on the rifle. Mile high had them in stock last week.

i recently tried to order a lucas with the same reply. i decided to go with the possum hollow, but have yet to use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Napsters</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It depends on the rifle. Mile high had them in stock last week. </div></div>

Mile High had what in stock last week? ...Lucas bore guides?

Yes. I don't know which rifles they were for. The one I got was for an AI which they sell a lot of.

+1 for Lucas. I have 2. CS was excellent. I believe he makes them in "runs" so they arent always immediately available. I had to wait a few weeks for a 300 WSM guide.

Lucas is backed up until the summer. Is there a "second place" that would suffice for the impatient?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucas is backed up until the summer. Is there a "second place" that would suffice for the impatient? </div></div>

He sent me an e-mail to hit him up again in June.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rkaires</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucas is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">backed up until the summer. </span></span> Is there a "second place" that would suffice for the impatient? </div></div>

He sent me an e-mail to hit <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">him up again in June.</span></span> </div></div>

June = summer.

I used a Dewey until my Lucas came in and haven't touched the Dewey since.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rkaires</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cesiumsponge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lucas is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">backed up until the summer. </span></span> Is there a "second place" that would suffice for the impatient? </div></div>

He sent me an e-mail to hit <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">him up again in June.</span></span> </div></div>

June = summer. </div></div>

Roger that.