• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best brass?

matleez

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2012
Ohio
So I'm having a 7-300 wm being built and I'm looking at who offers good brass for the 300. Looking at price per piece and longest life of the brass as well. Thanks guys

Sorry brain seems to be working slow this morning. They don't make it do they?

Lapua doesn't make .300WinMag? Really? That's odd. Lapua is my go to brass for precision rifles when I can use it, it's really a work of art compared to other brands.

Know Lapua brass sometimes has to be expanded prior to loading or neck tension will be ridiculously high. Talk to Padom about this if you can. If not Lapua, he'll likely know who makes the best win mag brass. Good luck.

I'm thinking I'll try to pick up some norma as it's about 10 cents more than hornady

Hornady 300WM lasts about 15 firings if you shoulder bump .002”

RWS lasts twice as long but costs twice as much and lacks case capacity to run all the popular loads. So you’re gonna have to use the next lower node and the 6.5cm guys will make fun of you.