• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best bubble level?

Re: Best bubble level?

I like the Holland level that attaches to the scope tube. Mounted in front of the turrets (and sometimes ahead of the front ring as well), the level appears superimposed in the upper right quadrant of the scope when acquiring a sight picture, not too far from the reticle center.

I've tried a few different brands and styles (including rail mounts), but the Holland is my favorite so far due to design, appearance, and perceived quality.

846101.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846101/hollands-signature-series-anti-cant-device-30mm-matte

I have two of them ... the B-square and the Vortex , in two rifles .
The B-square is crap . I had to modify the damn thing a lot to make it work on my Weaver rail .
The Vortex is great and fits fine . The only thing is that the ring is too thick and if you are using low rings like me , it touches the rail . Fortunately in my case it seated , but it was so close to the rail that I cut not pass a paper in between the ring and the rail ... the space left between is less than the thickness of a piece of paper , so I did not have to reduce the ring after all .

I have a bunch of Mounting Solutions Plus that work great, 1", 30mm, and 35mm. I have one Vortex on my .284 Win. F-Open gun. The bubble in the Vortex one separates into multiple bubbles quite a bit. Will replace it with a 21st Century one.