• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best bulk ammo

Jason Wells

Private
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
Staunton VA
Ok, well bought a Remington model 700 5R Milspec .308 rifle, I've got a Nightforce NXS 5.5 X 22 X 50 on order with a Nightforce direct mount, once I get it all together its time to start shooting. I dont have my reloading equipment set up yet- dont have the time, So I'll be shooting factory ammo for awhile. What do you guys have for suggestions for good, consistent ammo in bulk quantities for good prices.

Re: best bulk ammo

Depends on range and tolerable level of accuracy.

FGMM 175 would be one of a few gold standards. $0.95/rd by the case, and will work well in my 5r all the way to 1k.

PRVI 175 is something like 2 minute ammo in my 5r until about 600, then starts to loosen up. bc isn't as high as a SMK. but it is $0.70/rd at wideners.

Cheaper from there - start looking to things like the german milsurp, but it will have berdan primed brass.

If you can actually find a couple of battle packs of the Lithuanian milsurp from a few years ago, I'm told it was really tight.

Be careful wrt Korean and Pakistani milsurp - my recollection is that some lots weren't as safe to shoot as I would want for myself.

have fun with the new stick!

Try USAAMMO.com I picked up some of their 175gr and was very impressed. Now it is reloads but I was getting 3/4" groups with mixed cases. So I segragated the by brand an lot mostly LC05 and i started get 1/2" groups with all the LC brass. Give ita try my Savage really likes it.

Time is important, but with what I'm hearing, you should take it. BS ammo, higher cost, questionable accuracy. Set the bench up. My .56 a round, and 1/2 moa makes it worth the time. AR-10T and a 40X.

Black Hills 175 grain is my favorite for precision
I also use Fiocchi 175 grain for plinking.

I would say waiting a bit and loading your own is the best bet.

That aside, I've been meaning to try out Sillman cartridge company's m118 clone and their 168 match BTHP load. .66 and .70 cents/rd respectively.

Sillman Cartridge company