• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best bullet puller ever

huckjare

Minuteman
Mar 12, 2009
Idaho
I thought I would share this with everyone because I just found one of the coolest new tools for those of us that are serious about reloading. It's called the grip-n-pull. Check out the video on YouTube. I'm not sure how to post the link on my phone. Just punch in grip n pull and it will pop up. So so so much better than the inertia pullers that are out there.

Funny, I use pliers to pull solid brass bullets using this same method but I think I'd damage a lead core bullet using my method. This looks like it would be worth spending some dough for.

I've been using the inertial puller for 20+ years...never failed, extremely fast and doesn't require a press...

Kinetic puller for onsies and twosies, a Hornady Collet puller for doing larger lots or crimped in, sealed in bullets.

It's not rocket science, but it kind of is.

Chris

I like the inertia puller too, when I mess up a few, but not when I've got say, 500 or so to tear down. I've found the RCBS collet pullers too work well, even using the .35cal. rifle puller for 9mm and .357 plated bullets. Works very well, barely leaves a mark on these soft bullets with the thin plating. Only damaged a few. Fast. Was able to reuse the bullets and they actually worked pretty well for range fodder. If it can pull those okay, it can pull any.

Isn't there a way that uses a vacuum, or is that only for large operations? Would be nice if hand loading stores would have something like this on hand (to get more business) kind of like how homebrew stores have grain mills there, electrical parts stores have tube testers. But liability I guess...

At our local ranges we are not allowed to use steel jacketed bullets. I removed the bullets using the same method and a vise grip since the bullets were to be discarded. Bullets were replaced with Speer's .310 It was funny seeing the look of the rangemaster when his magnet didn't work. He thought I was reloading the steel cased Russian ammo.

I like the collet myself. If the round has sealant I will run it in a bullet seater die to push the bullet down just a touch. That breaks the sealants grip then the collet removes them with very little damage

Ya i just thought I would share. The inertia puller works but really is a hassle, this just makes it easy to pull any number of bullets without setup time. Just push and pull it. Let me know how you guys like them. The guy that makes them lives in a city just down the road from me about 20 miles. Great guy.

I thought I would share this with everyone because I just found one of the coolest new tools for those of us that are serious about reloading. It's called the grip-n-pull. Check out the video on YouTube. I'm not sure how to post the link on my phone. Just punch in grip n pull and it will pop up. So so so much better than the inertia pullers that are out there.

That's funny, I just posted to a similar thread about pulling bullets. I too have a Grip n pull and love it! I bought it at a gun show and have used it quite a bit. I pulled 140 berger 210 VLD's out of some 30-378 ammo to load in my 300 RUM and did it in no time. It is so much faster than the inertia puller or the collet and less expensive than the collet too. Cost me 40 bucks and can do 9 calibers. Works really well.

I sent him a email Im going to try one

Did you get one of the Grip n pull's? How do you like it? I think it is the coolest thing to come around for a while. People on here like to use what they have but if they would take the time to check it out they would love it too I'm sure. The kinetic pullers are a pain in the ass and hurt the bullets and throw powder everywhere. This new puller is the fastest and most efficient way to pull bullets. Just wanted to see if you got one and what you thought.

If you google "grip-and-pull bullet puller", the first link is to this video that shows how it operates:

After extracting a bullet, he shows you the case . . . but not the bullet.

Want to guess why :) ?

I use the Hornady Quick-Cam puller in a Rock Chucker. Just pulled 10 .338 Berger OTMs with absolutely NO MARKS. That just saved me 1/2 the cost of the cam die.

You guys sold me on that one. Just ordered one off Ebay. Too expensive but whatever....

If you google "grip-and-pull bullet puller", the first link is to this video that shows how it operates:

After extracting a bullet, he shows you the case . . . but not the bullet.

Want to guess why :) ?

Why don't you enlighten us! Are you inferring that the bullet is damaged? I assure you that this puller does not damage bullets in any way, shape, or form. See the other video on there and you will know. This new puller is pretty cool and works very well. It is faster and easier than anything else on the market. Try one and you'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPsmgz_HAQ

Why don't you enlighten us! Are you inferring that the bullet is damaged? . . .
First off, it's the manufacturer's job to "enlighten us", not mine. The video was his. He went to great lengths to show us the powder lol, but did nothing to show the bullet. The condition of the bullet is the critical thing, otherwise we could use vice grips and a Contadina tomato paste can lol.

In the second video, he shows reasonable closeups of the original cartridge. Yet the pulled bullets are shown, one side, from a greater distance. Its not possible to see if there are any marks on the bullets.

So . . . the "Wonder why?" was not an accusation, as it has at least two possible answers. Either the bullet is marked or damaged, or he doesn't realize that's the key thing to show. Without an answer to that, I'm not a buyer.

If you say the bullet is undamaged, post a video focusing on (the lack of) bullet damage. You'll get (him) customers. Otherwise these videos create hope, but do not shut down skepticism.

First off, it's the manufacturer's job to "enlighten us", not mine. The video was his. He went to great lengths to show us the powder lol, but did nothing to show the bullet. The condition of the bullet is the critical thing, otherwise we could use vice grips and a Contadina tomato paste can lol.

In the second video, he shows reasonable closeups of the original cartridge. Yet the pulled bullets are shown, one side, from a greater distance. Its not possible to see if there are any marks on the bullets.

So . . . the "Wonder why?" was not an accusation, as it has at least two possible answers. Either the bullet is marked or damaged, or he doesn't realize that's the key thing to show. Without an answer to that, I'm not a buyer.

If you say the bullet is undamaged, post a video focusing on (the lack of) bullet damage. You'll get (him) customers. Otherwise these videos create hope, but do not shut down skepticism.

Fair enough. But before you post something like "want to guess why?" and put skepticism in people's heads why don't you ask people that have used them. The OP put this up because they obviously like it and want to share it with people. It is because it works very well and does not harm the bullet. There is a little shiny spot on the bullet but there is no damage and does not affect POI at all. In the video the guy says on three different occasions that the bullet is undamaged. Look on ebay and read the feedback there. There shouldn't be any skepticism here at all. In fact why don't you call the guy that makes this and talk to him. I have attached the flyer from the gun show that has the info to order. The guy is really cool and I bet he would sell you one and take it back if you were unhappy. Then you would know and could squash any "skepticism". Just an idea, GRIP-N-PULL Flyer.jpg

I just use a once fired case and put them neck to neck and tap it on my concrete till the bullet falls into the fired case.. Lose half my powder tho but it works like a charm.

I got the set of three grip-n-pulls yesterday and tried it out. Worked great and did less damage to the bullets than the RCBS collett puller. I would say it is twice as fast as the RCBS as well. I pulled 10 105 Berger Hybrids. I can see if you had to pull over 30 or 40 rounds that your hands may get a little tired.

-J

Mine arrived the other day and I had some ammo laying around. The gripnpull works faster and easier then either my kinetic or Hornady collet-style puller. Its a keeper. Thanks for the tip.

This concept is not new by any means. Davidson bullet pullers have been around for decades and this is just a new version of them. Someone else probably made one before the Davidson.

Davidson Plier Style Bullet Pullers | Sinclair Intl

I've been using them for 20+ years and if used properly they do not harm the bullet.

My question is are we going to get a better price than his price on Fleabay,Fleabay charges him like 10% to sell it there.Then there's Nogunpal charges like 3%for there services . Other sites he sells them on he charges the same price .If I'm out of line just slap my hands and lets move on this is just my thoughts

I bought one on eBay.
The few dollars more that it cost me buying it there means I'll have to pack my lunch tomorrow.
Actually, the few dollars more that it cost is nothing... I've got thousands tied up in powder, bullets, and primers and $10k in weapons (at least).
I guess others have invested less in this hobby than I have.

Oh, and it works well. It's easily 5 times as fast as an inertia puller and there's not a single kernel of powder lost.

Joe

I agree. I have 2 inertia pullers, a RCBS collet type and the new Hornady also a collet type. I like the Hornady best of all. It's cam-loc design makes it faster to do volume work once you get it set up.

Kinetic puller for onsies and twosies, a Hornady Collet puller for doing larger lots or crimped in, sealed in bullets.

It's not rocket science, but it kind of is.

Chris