• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best Can for 300 Norma Mag

Willie Miller V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
I’m in the process of getting a 300 Norma barrel for my Desert Tech and wanting to find the can with the best suppression. The 30 caliber cans I have are rated up to 300 RUM full auto, 9” SAS Arbiter and 7.5” Crux Ark. I would think that a 338 Lapua suppressor would be the way to go. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I'm using a 338 YHM on my 300WM... I'd be fine for a 300RUM. I'd certainly using something beefier than a standard 30cal can.

Reactions: Nortex
I believe I’m going to go with the TBAC 338 Ultra or possibly try the SR model with quick detach system. Who and where can I find the best price on these cans?

So I know the dead air nomad and the rugged surge, razor, and micro 30 are all rated to 300 Norma. The radiant should also be rated up to 300 Norma.

If you want to leave options open, go with the TBAC 338 so if you jump to a 338 norma (or anything else between 308-338).

If you know you are staying at the 308 diameter, possibly consider the TBAC Ultra 9. Won’t be as quiet, but is a bit smaller as well.

I’m definitely going to get two cans, one for 6.5 cal and then a large volume can for 300 Norma or 338. That’s why I’m going with a 338 can. I have a 9” SAS can that might handle the 300 Norma but I’ll check. I like the Surefire cans but I don’t think they suppress as well as others.

I used my elite iron sierra 338 can on my 338 rum and 300 rum and 300 norma. Works well and its built like a tank.

My vote would be the 338 ultra. It’s a do all, end all kind of can.

I thought a 300RUM is larger case capacity than a 300 NM... so why are you not fine with the can you alredy have ?

ETA: nevermind... looking for better suppresion..

TB 338 Ultra:

IMG_5653.jpg

Has anyone mentioned the 338 ultra?. But seriously get the TBAC. It’s really the only option out there unless your looking for one that doesn’t work very well.

• Haha
Reactions: Swamplife