• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best Cell phone for Ballistics calculator?

Re: Best Cell phone for Ballistics calculator?

I'm partial to Shooter. It has a Droid and Iphone version.

I have an iPhone w/ "bullet flight" app I really like and use often

I have used most and prefer Shooter on a Droid device.

iStrelok is a good ballistic app available on both platforms.

Casio GzOne Commando with Shooter.

Extremely durable and waterproof phone (I literally wash mine once a week) and with the Android OS you can directly link a Kestrel with blue tooth to your phone and Shooter will automatically fill out the environment data using those readings. Saves some time on data input.

I use the iphone with bulletflight and shooter. I like bulletflight the best.

Is there a ballistics app for Blackberry's?
I have a hand me down Blackberry that's only 2G compatible. Not even sure of the model name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a ballistics app for Blackberry's?
I have a hand me down Blackberry that's only 2G compatible. Not even sure of the model name.</div></div>
Yes there is (Google-search this site, see the URL in my signature). But its interface sucks, and you'd be sorry in the long run.

Pick an iPhone, iPod Touch, or an Android phone and use one of the beautiful convenient ballistic calculators that run on it.

Another vote for shooter on Android, or iPhone if you want to go that route. Put any phone or tablet in an Otterbox Defender case and go.

I have iStrelok it works great. I really like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Benito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a ballistics app for Blackberry's?
I have a hand me down Blackberry that's only 2G compatible. Not even sure of the model name. </div></div>

http://www.gunsim.com/blackberryBallistics.html

Here is one for blackberry. I have used this in the past, it is an good app.

having tested every ballistic app made, i would say..

#1 shooter 10$

#2 ballistic FTE 20$

distant 3rd, bullet flight 30$

Another vote for an iPhone with bulletflight. I am interested in trying the Shooter app, it looks like a very comprehensive and functional package.

I run I snipe on my I phone so far so good

I've had iSnipe for about 3 years. Really like it but haven't looked at others to compare.

+1 for Strelok! I use the shit out of it on my droid and it fits easily in my admin pouch on my plate carrier. It stores presets for different weapon systems and loads, and you can switch between them easily. Right now I have my EBR with 118lr loaded in and my M107. Each mission all I have to do is type in wind and altitude and it generates an easy dope card adjustable for any range of distances. I just leave that screen up so all I have to do is turn my screen on and I have a hold/correction card right there. For more precise shit or a range that I didn't include on the pre-made card, I just press back and input the new range and I am good to go.

demotivational-posters-nokia.jpg

android+shooter+kestrel
(no reason to ask apple for permission to attach a device)

Shooter with Driod works great when I use it. However, I still mostly use an old, no longer supported, Hewlett Packard PDA with Windows Mobil 6.5 and the Night Force Ex. Bal. software chip.

DroidX with shooter and Strelok - I use Strelok more. Havent actually tried it, but the reticle option brings up your reticle (if its in the database) and shows your holdover on your reticle at stated power. Like I said, not tried it yet but one of these days I will set up some targets at variable ranges and send a few just to see.

Any android phone will do, since ballistic calculators don't require a whole lot of power to run, I would get something that fits your budget, then worry about the calculator. I use strelok mostly.