• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best Choice for a 6.5mm Dedicated Can

Willie Miller V

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2013
Several months back I asked what’s the best choice for suppression and accuracy in a 6.5 dedicated can, I also threw in a TBAC 338 Ultra. While putting this on the back burner I have ordered a 9mm/300 Blackout can in the Dead Air Wolfman and did a form 1 for a 300 Blackout pistol. But back up for decision is the 6.5 can. TB 6.5 Ultra 7 and Ultra 9 with the 9 being the first choice. Are there any other options out there for a 6.5 rifle? One reason being that I can’t find one in stock anywhere. I have heard about a few new cans that are out there but I don’t know much about them. Crux was in the mix as I have a ARK 30 that’s been a great can but from what I’m hearing things have changed. I’ve got 30 cal cans covered, so now I’m looking for something for precision 6.5mm.

I wouldn't even consider buying a precision rifle can that isn't made by TBAC. Even if they weren't top of class in terms of performance, reliability, repeatability, and all the other technical metrics (which they are), TBAC the company makes this an easy decision. For a product already shrouded in a lot of needless BS, TBAC is a completely BS-free experience. Their customer service is in the running for the best I have ever encountered in the firearms industry. Scratch that - any industry.

That being said, which can is best for you will be a function of what you want to use it for. Hunting/field use? Ultra 7 is hard to beat. Bench/most badass? Go with the 338. I have an Ultra 9 and a 338, and I pretty much shoot with the 338 exclusively. Despite a bit more size and weight, it's one crazy impressive piece of kit.

Reactions: LeadZeke
TBAC if you want dedicated for precision rifle.

SiCo omega or Dead air Sandman S if you want precision and adaptability.

Reactions: Sierra770
Silencer Central Bannish 30

Buy the 6.5mm end cap. Convertible from 9” down to 7” in about 60 seconds. It’s a baffle stack that has alignment notches on the expansion tube and every baffle afterward, so the baffles will be properly aligned every time. You can use their Baffle Stack Removal Tool to easily push the baffles out for cleaning. Made by the Mack Bros out of Sturgis SD.

Last edited:
Reactions: drew_235
I’ve got a Crux ARK 30 7”, SAS Arbiter MX, Omega, SEG Hancock Competition and a 7.5” Form 1 that I made. I’m waiting for a Dead Air Wolfman 9mm/300 Blackout stamp.

My Omega I’ve changed the mounting system to the Griffin adapter and minimalist taper brake. I’ve got a TBAC 22 break down and love it as far as the build quality and serviceability. I would really like the 338 Ultra because I’m getting a 300 Norma barrel for my Desert Tech and how much suppression it provides for every rifle caliber. But finding a 338 Ultra seems pretty much impossible, finding a 6.5 Ultra 7 or 9 might not be as hard. I did go look at the Banish 30 but I’m not sure about a direct thread and I don’t know much about it.

My Omega I’ve changed the mounting system to the Griffin adapter and minimalist taper brake. I’ve got a TBAC 22 break down and love it as far as the build quality and serviceability. I would really like the 338 Ultra because I’m getting a 300 Norma barrel for my Desert Tech and how much suppression it provides for every rifle caliber. But finding a 338 Ultra seems pretty much impossible, finding a 6.5 Ultra 7 or 9 might not be as hard. I did go look at the Banish 30 but I’m not sure about a direct thread and I don’t know much about it.

I personally like that it’s direct thread. It makes it easy to swap from rifle to rifle without having to buy special muzzle devices for every rifle or similar.

It also makes it easy to keep my barrel crowns clean from carbon buildup

Has anyone purchased a can for a precision rifle, determined it was a turd, and would be willing to post their experience? I ask because I haven't read many (any?) Bad reviews of commercial cans and I assume it's partially because people wait a year for them and don't want to be disappointed. I may be totally off base here, but it's my impression.

Has anyone purchased a can for a precision rifle, determined it was a turd, and would be willing to post their experience? I ask because I haven't read many (any?) Bad reviews of commercial cans and I assume it's partially because people wait a year for them and don't want to be disappointed. I may be totally off base here, but it's my impression.

Not necessarily turds, but there are a lot of cans that try and be too versatile and I think it is a gimmick. You trade performance for versatility.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I absolutely love my ultra 7. It’s a 30 cal can and ive shot it on 308, 300 win mag, and 6.5 creed. Lightweight, accurate, and repeatable. I wouldn’t buy anything but a tbac.

ThunderBeast 6.5 Ultra 9. I found the 30 cal. Ultra 7 sounds to similar to the 6.5 Ultra 7. Would definitely go for the extra decibel reduction.

I'm looking hard at the ultra 9 6.5 too.

Last edited:
What’s the wait for a TBAC supressor right now?

Since my 338 Ultra came home, the 6.5 Ultra 7 lives on my 223...

I use my Griffin Recce 7 on my 18" DMR and a YHM Phantom TI on my 16" light weight. I foresee a 12.5" Grendel build in my future as well, may use the Razor or Gas Can on that.

Hi,

You probably should take your future scam attempts to another forum...this would be only of of the multiple threads you have quoted someone else from another forum as if it were your comments here...

Check Member Ronnoc here:

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Plenty of TBAC dealers have their cans on hand. All it takes is a little homework, a few phone calls and you’ll have a can. Do yourself a favor and go TBAC.