• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Best Chronograph

Re: Best Chronograph

I had a pact it worked but was not sure about accuracy. just bought a PVM 21 and its got more bells whistles and etc have not had a day to get to the range with it .
there also $660.00

I have been using a CED M2 chronograph. I have found mine to be light sensitive in less than ideal lighting conditions (early morning, late evening, etc.). I bought the CED infrared (IR) screen set and it has solved all my lighting condition issues. My chronograph information is now very accurate and consistent.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338LM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been using a CED M2 chronograph. I have found mine to be light sensitive in less than ideal lighting conditions (early morning, late evening, etc.). I bought the CED infrared (IR) screen set and it has solved all my lighting condition issues. My chronograph information is now very accurate and consistent. </div></div>

I've been using an old version Pact for a long time. I'm looking at possibly replacing it next spring. I'll probably get the CED mentioned above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a favorite? </div></div>
For the money and features, the CED M2 with the IR screens is hard to beat. The PACT models have been linked to many problems. I love my M2 and highly recommend it.

Does the CED M2 always come with the IR screens or is that something I'd need to look for?

The IR is an add on. At least it was with the original CED.

I loves me some CED M2.... No really it has been very accurate so far. I am also having some issues with late evening/dusk shooting when the lighting is getting weak and I'm going to look into the IR screens as well.

Anyone know the cost offhand?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the CED M2 always come with the IR screens or is that something I'd need to look for? </div></div>
The IR screens are an add on. They are needed if you shoot at dusk or dawn when there's low light. I have also shot in the dark to 300 yards doing load work up with the IR screens, and it pick up each shot. It's pretty sweet! Throw a cordless florescent light in front of the target, and there you go.

I have two CED Millennium chronographs with IR screens. I don't have the CED M2. Both of my CED's placed back to back are within +/- 3 fps even when measured at back to back at 200 yards which is outstanding in my book. I use them all the time and there consistency is outstanding.

For range work and measuring bullet BC's I use one 7' from the muzzle and the other at 100 yard increments. I have one of those hand-held wheel rolling measuring devices I got at Lowes for around $70.00 a few years back for measuring distance. I tested it at our new football stadium when they put the new turf down. For all practical purposes its dead on measuring 300', maybe off an inch or so. Even when I rolled it 300 yards I was still never rolled over to the next foot which is close enough for me. I never use a laser when doing testing as it was too inaccurate.

Plus 1 on the CED

I have an original and am looking at getting an M2 so I can chrono the same shot at 10 foot and 100 yards instead of shooting two seperate strings

I got the CED2 from Midway for my Dad for Christmas, just hope he never needs it...
grin.gif

will try to post a report soon after

I consider IR screens a must, makes life so much better. CED Millennium chronographs have served well, suggest purchase form www.shootingsoftware.com great customer service and they have additional information, being shooters.