• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Comp for Rem 700 5R .300 WM

916Plinker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Trying to bring my recoil down on my Rem 5R .300 WM. Any suggestions on a great comp? Any Silencer brands have a can/comp combo??

Re: Best Comp for Rem 700 5R .300 WM

My favorite brake is the Badger FTE.

Can't have cans out here in the "wild west" but SF makes a can ready brake too.

yea, I moved to Idaho. Dont know how to change my name, and keep my post count???? Really need to do that though. And yes, I know everything cool is illegal in komifornia.

Badger eh?? Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My favorite brake is the Badger FTE.

Can't have cans out here in the "wild west" but SF makes a can ready brake too. </div></div>

+1 ^^^

Badger

winmag2.jpg

Saw a surefire brake, that can except a can. If you attach the can to the brake, I take it you loose the muzzle brake effectiveness?

I don’t have the answer on the can combo but I have a Holland brake on my 300. It seems like it works well it’s my first one but the rifle is heavy. I would compare it to a 243 win. Use your earplugs though. I was pulling my right side plug out to hear the steel ring forgot to put it back in once. I don’t do that anymore.

The SureFire 762 suppressors are rated for .300 win mag and we make brakes for both the 762K and 762SS suppressor.

Chuck

chuck,

how effective is the surefire muzzle break, vs once the suppressor is installed on it? 300wm. Also what is the price breakdown for the muzzle break and suppressor? What is the db rating on a 300wm surefire suppressor?

Thanks

I don't have a .300 win mag that I am running suppressed to give you a solid answer on the recoil reduction with the brake alone and the suppressor installed. The brake works great by itself on all of my rifles and with the suppressor on even better. If you are ever around my neck of the woods you can go ahead and shoot a few rounds through my cans.

I couldn't tell you the price for the suppressors because I deal with the military and you would have to go through one of our dealers. If you want email or pm me and I can get you in contact with a dealer in your area to get you pricing.

We don't have db ratings because they change a lot do to ammo, barrel length, atmospheric conditions and so forth. All of our suppressors are designed to be hearing safe of under 140 decibels or less. If you are near me like I said before you can hear one of my guns in person.

Chuck