• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing best coyote bait to hunt over?

Re: best coyote bait to hunt over?

I haven't used bait but around my area a turkey call will bring them in right quick. I had one stalking in on me a few years ago. I watched him coming and was a little unnerved when it was obvious he knew I was there and still continued. #4 or #5 shot put him down at 4 yards flat... aimed for his mouth. I kid you not that dog weighed more than my German Shepherd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigMahi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry if this sounds dumb but I've never even seen a coyote in person before - what do you guys do with coyotes? Sell the pelt? how much do they go for? What about the meat? </div></div>

Meat? We usually slow cook 'em and make chili out of them. Want the recipe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I often see coyotes running in pairs. typically one is more cautious than the other so it hangs back from the bait. I shoot the further one first, then take the closer one he tries to make his escape. If you arent watching really closely, you may not notice the cautious one that waits in the tree line. Look for it, its usually there. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">+1</span> I actually got lucky and ole number two was curious enough to show himself even after I missed number one...

like fox pro called in 4 sunday and killed 2

Dead hogs work well down here!
grin.gif

believe it or not, rotten pumpkins. the pumpkins ferment and all the critters get drunk off of it. theyll hang out for days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gvanhyning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about fishing for coyotes? Hook a rabbit in the nuts with a 4/0 hook on nylon braid rigged on an ice fishing rod. Don't have to worry about batteries, just set the hook for a new call sequence.</div></div>

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool - as long as we're joking about illegal activities - has anybody ever tried using human infants?

HAR HAR HAR!