• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best dies for 6.5x47

Rexx1029

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
So picking up my new rifle and it’s barreled in 6.5x47. I don’t have reloading dies for the caliber yet and need some. What’s everyone thoughts on the best setups and best place to get them. Any advise would be great
Thanks

I've ran redding with my 6.5 x 47. Flawless for 2000+ rounds. I've heard forster are better but I can't confirm that.

Can’t say what’s best , as I’ve only used Forster bushing bump neck die . Around a dozen
barrels across 3 rifles , and I still haven’t actually used my Forster FLS die yet !

A few qualifying comments are needed however . I anneal with an AMP annealer after
every firing , every time . I’m also running quite a mild load , around 39 of H 4350 + or -
0.2 if I swap between 130 AR Hybrid , and 140 Hybrid . I suspect guys running up near
41 are going to see greater case expansion down near the base , and may require use
of the FLS die more often , can’t say for sure .

I have one tight neck .291 flavour , the other 2 are stock .295 no turn with a little extra
freebore for the 140 . I’d also recommend using one die per reamer . I E : don’t use one
die for different rifles with chambers cut with different reamers . You will see more die
wear mixing and matching brass sizing from different chambers .

Whidden Forster Redding

Bushing, neck versus full length, micrometer versus not. Decide those then pick...you can't go wrong with those brands, and there are others but those will be what you see most of say in the upper tier

Does anyone have any of these dies that they no longer use that they would be willing to part ways with?

For sizing: Forster custom honed full length sizing die.

For seating - Redding or Forster

Recently switched to Forster FL Bushing Sizer and love it. For seating I'm making the switch over to LE Wilson Hand Dies. I get way more concentrically when seating with these dies than either the Reddings or Forsters I've used in the past.

What press? I stopped having any concentricity issues when I switched to a Coax (doesn't matter which dies). Every few thousand cartridges I'll throw one on my (now dusty) concentricity gage and stare at the needle trying to catch any flutter as I spin it. There never is any.