• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best download the full offline install ISO and sourcecode of your favorite Linux Distro.. now that the SJWs are taking over Linux.

W54/XM-388

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Oct 1, 2005
    Dallas, TX
    For the more computer oriented type,
    It might be a good idea to make sure you have downloaded and keep copies of the full offline install ISOs and source code for your favorite Linux Distros.
    As well as probably the same thing for any applications you rely on.

You can look up more online, but it seems the SJW communist crowd of destroyers is getting their way and will start destroying a lot of the open source projects and banning people from contributing if they are not worshipers of the latest SJW communist dictates.

A forshadowing was when the SJWs got rid of one of the Drupal contributors based on them not liking his (totally not related to his work) sexual fetishes because they didn't like which assumed gender was playing which assumed role.

Then they started a big uproar over wanting to change the programming languages to remove all traces of master/slave in how functions are coded.

Now it seems like they have won control over the primary Linux kernel. It seems that Linus one of the last of the in your face brutally honest, no holds barred, no softpeadling, it's either good or it's garbage and out type guys got his nuts clipped.

Then the SJWs forced in a new "code of conduct" that pretty much openly states they want to purge any men from being able to contribute code or work on the projects if they happen to be fair skinned. Extra hate points if you.. have male reproductive organs... identify as a man... like reproductive action with the opposite gender.
    They now are able to just ban and shun anybody not in their clique with no real reason and no way to fight back.

My guess is this will not make things better but worse and also possibly open the door to a lot more censorship of what you can do... If the SJW Communists already control Microsoft, Google, Apple and now the Linux Kernel & many projects... it can't be a good sign for the cause of freedom in the future.

Here is a brief recap to help you search a bit easier:

"The controversy
    Activists from the feminist and LGBTQIA+ communities have been trying to force the Linux project to join the Contributor Covenant since at least 2015. The Contributor Covenant is an agreement to implement a special Code of Conduct (frequently CoC from now on) aimed at changing the predominantly white, straight, and male face of programming. CC’s Code of Conduct is controversial particularly because it allows anyone to be banned from contributing code for any reason, usually with no mechanism for oversight or accountability.

On September 16 the pro-CoC side got their wish (how this happened is a very strange story of its own, read recent news about Linus Torvalds’ departure if you want to know more) — Linux had officially committed to implementing and obeying the CC Code of Conduct — and they immediately set about using it to remove top Linux coders. Sage Sharp, who describes theyself as a “diversity & inclusion consultant, hufflepuff, non-binary agender trans masculine” and has 7k followers, cites GeekFeminismWiki and targets Google’s Theo Ts’o with accusations of being a rape apologist:
    Several users on 4chan’s technology board speculate that Theo is targeted first because he famously resisted an Intel/NSA backdoor.
    1. Insertion of the CoC into other projects has heralded witch hunts where good contributors are removed over trivial matters or even events that happened a long time ago–like Larry Garfield, a prominent Drupal contributor who was purged after it was discovered he had a sex fetish where women are submissive.
    2. The lack of proper definitions for punishments, time frames, and even what constitutes abuse or harassment leaves the Code of Conduct wide open for abuse (see 1).
    3. It gives the people charged with enforcement omnipotent and unaccountable power.
    4. It could force acceptance of contributions that wouldn’t make the cut if made by cis white males.
    5. CC’s Code of Conduct is purely about power.
    6. “‘In all that time I never had to know or care whether my fellow contributors were white, black, male, female, straight, gay, or from the planet Mars, only whether their code was good’; namely, in a project that receives contributions from volunteers who are anonymous beyond a chosen handle, specious claims of exclusion and harassment crumble beneath the most haphazard scrutiny. Contributors reveal as much about their race, sex, and orientation as they want because no one cares about that tangential shit at the end of the day. If there really was some “straight white males only” mentality, the community would insist on determining whether a new contributor is “one of us” before accepting their code, but they don’t do that in the slightest. Thus, it’s patently clear there is no culture of exclusion, but rather a culture of total indifference to individual differences beyond coding ability. The rhetoric of diversity and inclusiveness is just a weapon being used to attack a community that is inherently opposed to identity politics, which is why they’re seen as such a threat to these SJW gestapo.

On the other side of the aisle, arguments FOR CC’s Code of Conduct include:
    1. Fostering an inclusive and safe space for women, LGBTQIA+, and People of Color, who in the absence of the CoC are excluded, harassed, and sometimes even raped by cis white males.
    2. Lack of CC’s CoC sustains meritocracy, which “has consistently shown itself to mainly benefit those with privilege, to the exclusion of underrepresented people in technology“.
    3. The vast majority of Linux contributors are cis white males. CC’s Code of Conduct would enable the building of a more diverse overall demographic as people who aren’t cis white males feel welcome to join and white male harassers are weeded out.
    4. Being against the CoC means you want women, LGBTQIA+, and People of Color to be harassed."
    "

What the hell does plumbing and deviance have to do with computer programming?

SJW logic...
    If you do something they don't like in your own private space... they must get rid of you...
    But if they do something you don't like in their own private space or in public.... they must get rid of you for daring to not like what they like..

It's about trying to force everybody in society to bow down and worship as gospel truth with their hearts & souls whatever the Communists tell the SJWs to claim is the new wondeful truth for that moment.

And if you stand up for anything.. they want to get rid of you as much as the law or mob will possibly allow them to.

Firearms beat software when push comes to shove

True.
    But software drives just about everything you do including all your communications with others (that you can't speak to face to face), all your recent transportation systems, and for the most part your ability to gain understanding of what is going on in the world around you. It also controls who rules over you and what they do to you.

It may indeed take going back to pre-electronic technology days to fully win the war against the Communists.
    It's why I keep printed books.

The SJW foot soldiers are pretty much going straight for the Communist plan right out of Stalin... No learning, science, speech, history or art is allowed that is not in the service of the People's Regime and done by loyal party members only.
    Before too long, all speeches, documents and code snippet contributions will need to be prefaced by some quotation from the Commissar's teaching

(By the way, if you haven't ever lived thorough that.. it gets to be a real pain having to dig around to find some vaguely matching snippet from some Commissar's speech to put into your document's header so as to do your duty but not make it look like you just pasted anything and might not be a "true believer")

Are there no conservatives in this world that can develop software on the Linux model and render these SJWs powerless?

When are we going to start using these people's weapons on them?

SMH

Are there no conservatives in this world that can develop software on the Linux model and render these SJWs powerless?

When are we going to start using these people's weapons on them?

SMH

I'm getting a sense from some otherwise completely neutral, professional, and polite people, that they're getting pretty tired of this shit.

I'm hoping that soon we'll start to see ridicule en-masse of dumbfucks like 'Sage Sharp' the faggot hufflefuck non-binary piece of shit cocksucker that is at the center of this bullshit.

https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/

Comment section is a riot.

Not running Linux and wasn't planning to but any suggestions as to what one to grab before it gets fubar?

Not running Linux and wasn't planning to but any suggestions as to what one to grab before it gets fubar?

It is not the desktop versions I'm worried about. Even having the OS for personal use is not the problem. It isn't like Windows. To run Linux even for personal use requires extensive fundamental programming skill sets. What is really in danger is all the Linux shit protecting the Internet and running in the background world wide that we know nothing about and take for granted. This is the shit that can have a real economic impact. They are going after those that invented Linux and built it and they want to sanitize that history and stake a claim on it. The problem is it is unenforceable and we can see a war of code that can fuck your shit up. If it becomes a national security problem and if we are not very very very careful hundreds of thousands of people my die. Mostly people starting this shit. I'm thinking maybe 5% of the world's population will get our minds right. It is always some one-tenth if one percent group disrupting our daily lives. They won't be missed that much. Fuck it.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    It is not the desktop versions I'm worried about. Even having the OS for personal use is not the problem. It isn't like Windows. To run Linux even for personal use requires extensive fundamental programming skill sets. What is really in danger is all the Linux shit protecting the Internet and running in the background world wide that we know nothing about and take for granted. This is the shit that can have a real economic impact. They are going after those that invented Linux and built it and they want to sanitize that history and stake a claim on it. The problem is it is unenforceable and we can see a war of code that can fuck your shit up. If it becomes a national security problem and if we are not very very very careful hundreds of thousands of people my die. Mostly people starting this shit. I'm thinking maybe 5% of the world's population will get our minds right. It is always some one-tenth if one percent group disrupting our daily lives. They won't be missed that much. Fuck it.

It's not like it used to be, for the desktop flavors. A large number of desktop-focused distros are easier to install than Windows at this point (mainly because there's no CD key validation involved)

Ubuntu is a decent first choice, though it's pretty bloated IMO, and I don't like the display manager that comes with it, or the desktop environment.

Kubuntu is pretty sweet, as is Xubuntu (Ubuntu with different desktop feels that are more Windows XP like than Windows 10 or OSX)

Actually using the stuff, it's pretty much point and click for the most part. If you want new apps and stuff, use the software center (kinda like the play store, apple store, whatever stupid shit Microsoft came up with).

This is the Plasma Desktop Environment (KDE). It's fuckin' sweet.
    my_desktop.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: W54/XM-388
    It is not the desktop versions I'm worried about. Even having the OS for personal use is not the problem. It isn't like Windows. To run Linux even for personal use requires extensive fundamental programming skill sets.

That's what the big corporate guys like Microsoft, Apple & Google want you to keep thinking.
    There are roll your own distributions that are like that, but a great many others such as Linux Mint, are pretty much just boot up, run the install & you are up and running a few minutes later with the OS and a whole suite of office, productivity and graphics applications installed, free & ready to use.

An important part about the Linux on the desktop is that all the main commercial OSes these days actively spy on you and tell their masters what you are doing, down to your every keystroke. Even windows 7 got that backported in with "security updates", then in windows 10, Microsoft even goes as far as to say they can and will upload any files they want from your computer for "problem analysis" if they think there is an issue, that's in addition to them keeping track of your every keystroke and mouse movement. The Google stuff is even worse.

Linux is one of the few OSes left where you can actually own and fully control your software that runs on your hardware without somebody else making it do what they think it should do and forcing you to keep changing as they see fit.

Also it's one of the few OSes left where you could set it up on a dedicated control PC and run it without needing to connect up to the internet for decades if you needed to.

I did do some more research into how they clipped the Linus guy's nuts to make him turn over control....
    It seems they threatened to "find" a bunch of godless daughters of Satan to make claims about him sexually harassing them 30 years ago.....
    (Where have we seen that before), He was scared his wife would divorce him and people would stop paying him so he capitulated...

One other thing is that unlike windows, it's a lot harder for your PC to get messed up and trojaned out when running a decent Linux distribution, you can go visit all your favourite seedy web sites without worrying about getting infected. Also it's great for setting up friends/relatives/kid's computers as once you set it up, unless they know what to do and have the passwords, it's hard for them to mess it up.

Linux Mint 18.1
    (You can go with 19, but it's infested with SystemD hugely.)

Why you hate systemd? Ever since I started using supervisord and loads of daemons with <prog>ctl utilities, I've been liking systemd more and more.

I also like the unit files a little better than sysv scripts, and upstart can fuck right off.

One other thing is that unlike windows, it's a lot harder for your PC to get messed up and trojaned out when running a decent Linux distribution, you can go visit all your favourite seedy web sites without worrying about getting infected. Also it's great for setting up friends/relatives/kid's computers as once you set it up, unless they know what to do and have the passwords, it's hard for them to mess it up.

Damn right. Horny teenagers will ruin a Windows box, and often mac boxes in no time. Hand 'em a fairly hardened *nix box with steam and maybe even wine installed and they'll be damn near as happy as they'd ever been before, without much concern of joining a chicom botnet.

I have Ubuntu on my main machine, Debian on the machines running CNC support with Linux CNC. Which the Debian machines have network access but no internet.

The crap there pulling we just can't have nice things can we!

Reactions: QuickNDirty
    Eh, Linux desktop OS distributions are not quite there yet. The updates are usually where I get frustrated and eventually say fuck it. Plenty of choices and support out there though. It isn't something I can just leave alone and I end up breaking it :)

Why you hate systemd? .

Philosophical differences.
    Systemd takes over all kinds of critical functions and brings them into a black box where you have to hope the programmers knew what they were doing and if something goes really wrong it can be a bitch finding it out.

It was also about the big guys such as Red Hat wanting to push people to complex stuff that they can sell support services on.

I prefer the old text editor modifiable human readable startup scripts, you can see much easier what is going on with your system at every part of startup.

I work on a lot of embedded stuff and watching bootups line by line to see where the problem is can be a big help.

It was a contentious issue & some of the freedom loving types forked off some distributions.
    I'm kind of on the whole side of the greybeards doing the Devuan fork of Debian.

Last edited:
    Eh, Linux desktop OS distributions are not quite there yet. The updates are usually where I get frustrated and eventually say fuck it. Plenty of choices and support out there though. It isn't something I can just leave alone and I end up breaking it :)

I kind of do it the opposite way, once I get it setup I like to leave it alone for years and not bother with updates unless there is a specific security or compatibility update I need. I tend not to upgrade the kernel unless I need to. Which is why I hate Windows 10, always wanting to be downloading gigs worth of updates and changing itself around.

If you get something pretty decent like Linux Mint Cinnamon and set it up right, you can be stable for years.
    That's what my "private" browsing machine has been running for a long time without changes.

I kind of do it the opposite way, once I get it setup I like to leave it alone for years and not bother with updates unless there is a specific security or compatibility update I need. I tend not to upgrade the kernel unless I need to. Which is why I hate Windows 10, always wanting to be downloading gigs worth of updates and changing itself around.

If you get something pretty decent like Linux Mint Cinnamon and set it up right, you can be stable for years.
    That's what my "private" browsing machine has been running for a long time without changes.

I do mostly the same except on my workstations with Arch. I've got a box running Slackware 10.1 I haven't dicked with in more than a decade.

Philosophical differences.
    Makes sense. I wouldn't have ever started using systemd except that shit started shipping with it and I was in a hurry to get work done. After I started working with it, I started to like it. It's been a minute since I cared about embedded systems. Hopefully I'll rectify that soon.

Kali Linux is your friend.. if ya wanna send a few "shots over the bow" so to speak...
    Anywho, had no clue bout this. Gonna hit up my former Intermediate Programming profesor Dr Price(a low profile super cool guy, looks somewhat nerdy on the outside..carries CCW on campus, handloads, all that shit.. ;) hes on our side) and tell em bout this, see what he thinks.