• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Drag Bag to Use

cheezhead6

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2012
my section is getting allotted $2,000 to use on gear. Something we really need are drag bags. Anyone have any suggestions of the best make of drag bags??

Re: Best Drag Bag to Use

I just got the Midway one in od green and its really nice. Seems very well built. The zippers are very sturdy. It also has a lot of storage and holds 2 guns. And for 75 bucks its a great deal.

I only have experience with Blackhawk and Eagle. The BJ has square edges thus not real good for dragging. The Eagle is good but given what has happened with Eagle........

In fairness I have not drug either much. They mostly just hold guns.

If you have the money get a tac ops. I had an eagle and it was very nice but no comparison to tac ops. The tac ops also has a built in padded shooting mat and place for bladder. If you go from range to house and back and forth then grab the midway. If your dragging and using for duty use then tac ops and don't look back

If you want the best for transport and dragging, spend the money on the Tac-Ops. Feature laden and very overbuilt. Certainly the last bag that I'll have to buy and I have no regrets. Spendy, sure, but worth the price of addmission. If I needed another one, I'd gladly pay whatever the asking price was..... yes, they are that good.

I have to agree, the TacOps bags are just awesome. I have a 5th generation and it was worth every penny. I will also say the service you get from TacOps is second to none.

Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SKS Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have the money get a tac ops. <span style="font-weight: bold">I had an eagle and it was very nice but no comparison to tac ops.</span> The tac ops also has a built in padded shooting mat and place for bladder. If you go from range to house and back and forth then grab the midway. If your dragging and using for duty use then tac ops and don't look back </div></div>

^^^ This +1. I also had an Eagle before my Tac Ops and while the Eagle was nice (better, IMHO, than any of the others mentioned here) it doesn't compare with the Tac Ops. For duty use definitely Tac Ops, and you won't find a better guy to deal with than Scott at Liberty Optics.

Eberlestock +100
mine is going 5yrs old n looks like new
its been more than abused

Have one AIM dragbag an very happy with it and one Eberlestock X3 lodrag backpack and that one i love...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ukdave28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TacOps....</div></div>

+1000000

TacOps!

It made with materials from, and labor here, in the USA, not China.

Scott at Liberty Optics (SH Vendor) is now distributing the TacOps drag bag.

Kevin

So, it looks like TacOps and then eberlestock... Have y'all had both and prefer one over the other or is this possibly a push comparing the two?

I recently purchased the Midway drag bag and very pleased with it. I wont' carry two rifles in it so I removed the flimsy center pad/divider and replaced it with a thin piece of folded rubber mat (secured by the buckles on the non rifle side/drag side bottom). Mat serves as ground cover and extra padding for the rifle. I have a TAB shooting mat at the stock end of the bag to give my rifle a footing when the bag is stored vertically (often) and the rubber mat goes on the ground at the range with the TAB mat over it.

My setup is non-commando and for range/target shooting. Sorry to sound like a wuss but recommend the thin rubber mat if you have to lay on cement, heavy gravel, or soaked ground (makes a great piece to snooze on as well). Thinking of a good way to bore holes through the rubber and loop the TAB mat loops to keep the mat down in the wind (don't want to use those metal ground spikes). Suggestions? Thinking of making a hole through the rubber, melt the edges and secure with a rubber grommet and feed the TAB loop through and use a "stick" to keep it all together.

I do not own a drag bag yet but from doing my research and what everybody on here says, i will be contacting Liberty Optics for a TacOps for my GAP-10. All the features and stuff are really cool and useful but the major selling point to me is MADE IN THE USA.

Just a comment on this post. Haven't handled a Tac Ops bag but have always heard they are the best. From reviews I've read, I would have to agree concerning all the favorable remarks. I had to chuckle when someone earlier in the comments said to not buy if a bag is from China, buy local. I agree 100%. Now all the other comments were " if you have the money", "if you can afford..." and it goes on. I have to laugh because here in North America were have priced ourselves out of everything. Inflation, resulting in the demand for higher wages and the end result is great quality but overpriced. Now we manufacture less and less, and complain about cheap products from overseas. My HS rifle and US Optics cost enough for now. We are our own worst enemy.

whatever you do, stay away from that damn condor craptical shit.
I was suckered into one of those from the Army Surplus, it is a drag bag/mat combo. It feels/appears super durable, but did not even last 4 range trips before seems start to unravel, one of the handles was falling off, etc... This was within the first two months of owning the POS. Since then, I have sent them 5 emails to bitch about it. Still waiting for an answer...

I guess they don't get email breaks in the sweatshops.

I have since sworn an oath to bash that shitty brand as much as I can. That's my refund!

I can't say anything negative about the Tac Ops DB, but there is another drag bag that is definitely worth a look. Granite Tactical Gear has a fantastic model, the Dragster, that was designed & tweaked with imput directly from active duty snipers. I know this for a fact, as I wanted to add this bag to our lineup in 2011 but the Granite Gear kept delaying its release due to numerous design changes. This bag is now available, and I have evaluated a prototype of what turned out to be the final production model. It is VERY well made, and offers an intuitive layout.

Here is a link from another retailer offering the bag. We hope to add them in the spring to deltaoutdoorsman.com...

Link:
http://www.cobratactical.com/Granite-Tactical-Gear-Dragster_p_10088.html